Stutter-freezing-fps drop

obscured

Hello, I've been having really hard time enjoying the game, especially in the new areas. Also the loading screens are way too slow.

I've tried some things myself since i'm not novice but no solution. I've followed some of the guides as well but still nothing.

My FPS is around 70-90 when idle and 30-70 when doing something. Sometimes it might drop at 20fps when running but thats it.

At random times, especially when moving or doing something that triggers an event (like a quest or a sound) the game will freeze for a few seconds.

For example when I get to pickup a body at soulplains for the 5soulstone quest, the game instantly freezes for 2-3 seconds.

What's really weird though is that no matter how much I lower or higher the graphics, the FPS is around the same and the stuttering and freezing doesnt changes at all.

I could be playing the game in antialiasing and all max, or everything at "1" and the freezing would still occur.

Here are my specs:

CPU - i7-2670QM 2.2GHz

GPU - AMD radeon HD 6990m 2.0GB

RAM- 8.0 GB 

Os - Windows 7 64bit

Would love to get some info from guys that have similar problem.

I had fps issues, formatted everything, reinstalled the OS (Win 10, both before and after) and now the game runs smooth(er).

I'm not sure what's causing these issues. Maybe it has something to do with game / video driver cache or whatever else, but for now in my case, it works.

Archived