Hongmoon Coins

IxFa

As is the standard for a free-to-play MMO, there must be a free method to obtain cash shop items, given the time devotion to it. This breeds some goodwill among the players and sets it so that no one feels like they're obligated to pay(Even if a cosmetic really doesn't give anyone an obligation anyways)

Many argue that this should be enabled by having the premium currency be obtainable for free. BnS does not do this.

Alright, fine, there are some reasons that's bad, but the value of the obtainable currency, hongmoon coin, is a 1:1 value. It's not ideal, but it is pretty darn close so I won't fret.

The problem is that I can't find a way to reliably earn hongmoon coins.

You can sell your gold, sure, and that's a lovely system to have so that high-end players can skip the tedium of earning hcoin that hard way.

But what's the hard way?

No, RNG is not the hard way. Getting Hcoin via rng is just adding a little spark to someone's day. One in every thousand chests may give that token and your player will feel this big rush of excitement! It's great and lovely to have. Rare though it may be, you give people that rush that really didn't earn them much. One in a thousand chance of getting less Hcoin that it takes to afford 1/4 of a pair of glasses. it's quite feasible the RNG will never be enough for buying any item on its own.  It doesn't need to be. It's RNG for a reason. That token is for thrilling a player moreso than anything else.

But there needs to be a system to reliably earn Hcoin through play. Some way that I can, for free, get a super cute pair of glasses for my alt. Some way that I can apply my time to get some badass weapon skin, or save up so that I can get the new limited time outfit every month. 

Does KR or CN have such a system? 

Where's the NA/EU system to do this?

Also I have been a premium player for 2 months, I'm not just whining about wanting to not give NCSoft money.

Archived