Buying a desktop, will this be enough?

NamtheHam

My current desktop is ok, but it is impossible to do BW with it, so I'm thinking about buying this:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ibuypower-ibuypower-ca735t-gaming-pc-amd-fx-4300-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-nvidia-geforce-gt-730-windows-10-english-ca735t/10386775.aspx?path=ab90bbf81e210ba197e7d3099d566dbfen02

• 3.8GHz AMD FX-4300 quad-core processor with 8GB of RAM 
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB dedicated graphics card 
  • 1TB 7200rpm hard drive 
  • It will cost roughly $600 USD before taxes, I'm wondering if the value is there and if I'll be able to do BW with it, it's not the best, but it's within my budget

is that a prefab? here is my 2 cents when it comes to the hardware.

the biggest fault with how this game runs is its memory management and swapfile usage. seeing the game is 32bit and large address aware the most memory the game can use at any given time is 4gb including Vram.

the game does not preload anything and just treats everything like it is loaded at all times this leads to thrashing. constant transfer for from disk to memory that leads the cpu doing less productive work and more trying to figure out where the asset the game needs is. you can tell its thrashing due to the page faults that are generated while this happens.

you can even see this flaw in the character select screen if you have a warlock. the class is not loaded initially and you will notice a slight freeze before your lock appears and the animation is played. no warlock data was loaded so boom flood of page faults, cpu switches its priority to finding the data and the clients performance suffers. this is also why setting the client to high priority helps alittle. the cpu has no choice when this happens, page faults are interrupts that tell it that something needs to be done now or the game is gonna crash or become unstable. its the game saying its here and the computer saying no its not let me fix that before you kill yourself. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrashing_(computer_science)

so your best bet for choppy gameplay that freezes like how your probably experiencing during BW would be a solid state drive. seeing as stated earlier that all the program can actually use is 4 gb increasing your ram is not really going to help in this case. an SSD is a bandaid for this problem. the fix is optimization.

a 730 is more than enough to run this game, my 960 is practically wasted on it, but i would reccommend atleast a 750 if you play other games.

people are saying intel runs this game better than AMD, however there is no actual proof of this, i run intel and this game performs like crap for the most part. try the SSD before dropping money on this game. 

alot of people who are not having issues are basicly just lucky. 

if you do get an SSD disable your pagefile or put the pagefile on a normal HDD. you don't want bns to thrash a SSD and the transfer speed is fast enough on those drives to not need a pagefile.

its fairly easy to find or crack windows btw, not saying break the law but if you wanna build your own system instead of buying one you will find you get better for cheaper. and the operating system cost is the only downfall. kinda (nudge nudge lol)

i dont think the graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 will be able to run this game smoothly unless you make some adjustment as it is intended for low end graphic card.

for comparison i use Nvidia GTX 760 and i DEFINITLY get framedrop when doing BW.

my advice if you want to play BnS smootly just keep saving and doing research then buy a nicer gaming rig

ps:i play on highest setting all the time

Archived