Alienware Alpha i3 glitching and loading time.

I recently bought alienware alph i3 4g ram, 500 GB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s. Every time I turn on, it lag little and it take while to boot up the computer. When I play blade and soul, it take long time to load the map every time I go to different location. Once I start to move the character, it glitches. When it glitches to load the map, fps drops to 10-15.  Once it is fully loaded (play for bit on the same map) I get up to 60 fps. High disk read, high disk write, and high memory usage.  So I check the Norton performance graph, it said blade and soul has high disk read, high disk write, and high memory usage. Do you think I can fix the glitching and decrease the loading time by upgrading my alienware alpha hdd to ssd (samsung evo) and 4g ram to 8g ram? 

• 2 months later...

Yes, you probably have the version with the half terabyte 5400 rpm hard drive, don't you...  Blade and soul HATES small 5400 RPM hard drives.

Fun fact. bigger hard drives load faster.  the data is more densely packed on the platters, so they can read it faster.

replacing with 1 tb or bigger 7200 rpm hard drive or an SSD should speed things up. and more memory will let it preload more data. so yes that should help with the loading.

I'd go for the big 7200 RPM SATA 6gbs hard drive myself.

Archived