Permanent account closure: RMT: Selling

Vyzardo

4 minutes ago, Impheatus said:

They send me the follow Question 

"  Have you been traveling? If yes, could you share with us where you have traveled?."

And I wonder ,who ask?CIA or Mossad?

They asked me same question so its  ok

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Numie1 said:

i just got unbanned holy molly O_O after 9 hours

gratz. Enjoy the game for the rest of us ;). I am still waiting (9 hours... ).

Hope to receive the mail soon ^_^U

after 6 hours 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NCSOFT. We have reviewed the details of the action. As a result, we have completely removed the action and restored access to the account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this matter for you.

Regards,

Frasercain
NCSOFT Support Team

1 minute ago, freshdot said:

i see many premium users getting reinstated, still its a bad policy ( the ban without inversigation first) to begin with, this ban wave is simply absurd it seems.

Bots also run with premium. I think for now it's doesn't matter if you spent real money

2 minutes ago, Raloz said:

Bots also run with premium. I think for now it's doesn't matter if you spent real money

again, plz ready my post....

>>still its a bad policy ( the ban without inversigation first) to begin with

Lol imp.

One thing I am worried about. If our ticket goes to a specific person and is picked up by them but they get off shift does that mean we need to wait for them to get back to work or will it be picked up by another person?

It might be the reason why some of us have been waiting forever.

Your request (4606176) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

My Ticket Noumber from Friday Mid, saw someone posting something like 472xxxxx lol so they got more then 100k tickets in 3 and a half day woot....

To put this into perspective for all the people insisting that "something has to be fishy, otherwise people wouldn't be banned": No.

I have started playing the game just this weekend and suddenly received this exact ban. I can happily tell you all the things that I have done so far: I have done all the story and side quests up to the beginning of the Cinderlands, I've sold a few items on the market for a few silver, I've ran Blackram Narrows 10 times with friends and Goldleaf Foundry solo about 20 times to get the Red Mask before I got bored. I could see how that might make me suspicious of botting, but not of selling.

I installed the game on my laptop to see whether it would run on it. I did the dailies in Viridian Coast yesterday and on Sunday. I reported three characters for putting gold selling offers on the party board. I traded some trash with a friend. My posts in the party chat were censored multiple times because for some reason "sein", the German equivalent of "be" is censored; but again, it's not like the reason cited for my ban was profanity.

And that's it. I didn't even do crafting yet, I didn't send any large amounts of gold (which I don't even have yet), and I couldn't even, because I have not yet invested real money. I don't even have made a second character to send anything to yet!

I have not yet received a response to my mail to support, yet I already wonder why people are asked for all this info. How am I even supposed to know my IP from when I created my account? Why do they need to know info that was never asked for during account creation?

You can believe me or not, but seriously, just consider this: This is not how goldselling works. The fact that people even post on this forum proves to me that they are most likely innocent. Because goldselling isn't done by people buying premium and complaining about bans on the forum. It's not done by high-level players. It's done with automated scripts. When a goldseller receives a ban, they just create the next account and move on.

I'm aware that they need to do something. Hell, the chat was a bloody mess when I was still able to play. I suspect it hasn't gotten any better. But when there are so many false positives, something in their screening process evidently doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, Fiddlejam said:

To put this into perspective for all the people insisting that "something has to be fishy, otherwise people wouldn't be banned": No.

I have started playing the game just this weekend and suddenly received this exact ban. I can happily tell you all the things that I have done so far: I have done all the story and side quests up to the beginning of the Cinderlands, I've sold a few items on the market for a few silver, I've ran Blackram Narrows 10 times with friends and Goldleaf Foundry solo about 20 times to get the Red Mask before I got bored. I could see how that might make me suspicious of botting, but not of selling.

I installed the game on my laptop to see whether it would run on it. I did the dailies in Viridian Coast yesterday and on Sunday. I reported three characters for putting gold selling offers on the party board. I traded some trash with a friend. My posts in the party chat were censored multiple times because for some reason "sein", the German equivalent of "be" is censored; but again, it's not like the reason cited for my ban was profanity.

And that's it. I didn't even do crafting yet, I didn't send any large amounts of gold (which I don't even have yet), and I couldn't even, because I have not yet invested real money.

I have not yet received a response to my mail to support, yet I already wonder why people are asked for all this info. How am I even supposed to know my IP from when I created my account? Why do they need to know info that was never asked for during account creation?

You can believe me or not, but seriously, just consider this: This is not how goldselling works. The fact that people even post on this forum proves to me that they are most likely innocent. Because goldselling isn't done by people buying premium and complaining about bans on the forum. It's not done by high-level players. It's done with automated scripts. When a goldseller receives a ban, they just create the next account and move on.

thats what every logical beeing would agree.

NO Boter would start to complain here in forum, cause he/she would waste "working time"

I totally agree Fiddle!

I was trying to think of any things that might have prompt their, proven not to wok, gold detection system andthe only thing I can come up with is I sold about 12-16 items for 1 silver (offering stuffs) in the market place and they might have been picked up by goldseller bots  for selling at a higher price. It does seem unlikely that they make all their gold by a few copper each time but how am I supposed to know. If that is the case and they banned me by assosiation that goes to show their system is flawed and they should really deal with it before they go on banning more ppl. It just creates more work for them!

Again that is only an assumption and so far even to the ppl that got their accounts reinstated they have not given any answers as to what the problem is.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon though. I was just discussing with my partner yesterday of buying the year membership after our 3 month master pack has expired. I am reluctant to even think about doing so now till they have come out and said what was wrong with their system and commit to having solved it.

Julianne answer 1 min ago

Many autobans for these thing are the result of players reporting other players for spamming.

Because the community was very strong in voicing their displeasure at seeing all the gold spam that happened in the game, we enacted a lot of measures that would help us keep on top of it. Being falsely flagged as spamming through player reports is an unfortunate side effect.
Some players have legitimately spammed their "WTB XXXX" messages over and over and deserve to be reported with a temp ban because that sh** is annoying and it is spamming. It's not RMT but it is spamming and it does affect the player experience as much as gold spam does. 

4 minutes ago, Raloz said:

Many autobans for these thing are the result of players reporting other players for spamming.

Because the community was very strong in voicing their displeasure at seeing all the gold spam that happened in the game, we enacted a lot of measures that would help us keep on top of it. Being falsely flagged as spamming through player reports is an unfortunate side effect.
Some players have legitimately spammed their "WTB XXXX" messages over and over and deserve to be reported with a temp ban because that sh** is annoying and it is spamming. It's not RMT but it is spamming and it does affect the player experience as much as gold spam does. 

Where did you get that post from?

3 minutes ago, Raloz said:

But then again, why would they flag this RMT: Selling and not Spamming? Not to mention that a permanent ban for a single instance of spamming would be somewhat harsh, wouldn't you agree.

Archived