Skills Delay and sometimes can't use NUMBER skills

SplendorBean

1) Skills Delay
I've been suffering this Skills delay problem for quite a long times. Specially atfer the Unchained Patch ! The lag spikes have gone so farrr !!!
My ping is still STABLE (Avg of 250ms. I'm sure that I'm SO FINE with this ping before).
After I press the skill button, it will come out after ... 2-3seconds, even longer ! Can't even fight the small creeps in out world in this condition, don't talk about PVP !
Specially in Dungeon Combat, everything is all FREEZE but me. No input or output damage affect.
(It also delay when I talk to NPCs, open the Vault, connect to Market, or use Windstride etc ...)

I'm not the ASUS user, so the solution of disable ASUS services doesn't work for me. (No other services like cFosSpeed, XFast LAN, or Gigabyte Speed either)
I have tried some other solution, like rollback NVIDIA driver, use manage 3D setting etc ... None of them work.
The only solution right now is restarting my Modem Router for several times (2-5 times with about 10-15mins between each process ! such a long duration !).
But this solution doesn't work so well either. The lag will come back so soon. I have suffered this problem 3-4 times per day since the last update patch ...

Is this the Patch or the Server problem ?

2) Sometimes can't use NUMBER skills
NUMBER skills mean "1-2-3 ... 6-7-8" skills or items button.
Sometimes, I can't use those numbers to trigger my skills, or use my items in the MIDDLE OF COMBAT. And the result is ... yeah you know.
I can still write down those numbers in chat mode normaly.
This problem will be solved after I restart the Client. But it's still quite annoying...

3) Sometimes your friend list is blank
This is a small problem, but still worth to mention.
This problem will be solved after restarting the Client.

If anyone knows anythings about these problems, please give me some solutions or advices.
Tks a lot !!

I am having the exact same problem (the second one), have on average a 250-300 ping and im starting to get more input dropouts within the last week. Unless there's some major routing issues with international traffic or something from where i am (Australia). Makes arena not playable anymore (its really hard to get out of stun counters when you're literally holding the "get out of stun" button down pre-emptively and its not activating lol).

The lag spikes are BACK and even WORSE after the Unchained Patch !
I've just reset my modem router for 5 times ! But nothing happened, still suffering 5seconds of skills delay right now !

Another problem has just appeared : The "party chat" is down. And there's a lot of people out there talking about that. Hope NCsoft will fix it soon...

I have average 50ms and I experience some input lag that I've never experienced before this patch. So does my friend. I'm on summoner and he's on FM (he noticed it wayyyy more than me due to animation cancelling getting affected greatly). Sometimes the input lag is so insane that it feels slower than playing on Taiwan with 250ms.

On 3/4/2016 at 6:16 PM, Nureha Lynswood said:

Before the patch, I do get it but rarely; then the incident of "Can't use number skill keys" occurs MUCH MUCH more often when unchained patch released.

annoying problem ... but at least, it will be solved after restarting the client. But the laggy is not !

• 1 year later...

Solved

I have been looking for solution for this and I finally figure it out myself. It happens if you use the hotkey to change keyboard to another language. It should be one of follow hotkeys: Ctrl + Space / Shift + Alt / Ctrl + Shift/ Shift + Space (This happen alot if you frequently Alt + Tab and Shift to run so it's mostly the Shift + Alt one).

You can easily disable these annoying hotkeys in: Region and Language > Keyboards and Languages > Change Keyboards > Advanced Key Settings (Windows 7).

You can check if you have same problem as me by trying typing Shift + [one of the number] and see if they give different result from normal result. Try the hotkeys above until the Shift + [number] gives you normal result then you can use your numbered skills again.

Archived