Gold sellers exploiting chat features, faction chat Completely unusable now.

BlackRoze

Hi, I just logged in to the game and, honestly, I've never been so disappointed about the lack of effort put into the ever escalating issue with gold sellers.

I'm met with a /completely/ empty ALL-chat log, with one single faction chat message saying something about gold selling, with a changing 4 digit code at the end.

If the gold sellers can do this with the chat, how long till they start passing on viruses in it? PLEASE fix your issues with gold sellers, because as of today, any public chat is completely and utterly unusable. I cant even right click and block the poster, cause there is no name in the log.

You are banning people for using SS bug, but seemingly not even lifting a finger against these kind of issues?

Screenshot: 0WPRm.jpg

Completely agree with this, it was somewhat bearable with the easy report spammer function that was add a few weeks ago. However the issue is still there, since most of the spam come from faction chat. Wouldn't it be better to increase the level or story quest requirement to join a faction. I understand it cause other issues for the community since you cant join a guild without being in a faction. Let say people can join a faction after completing Blackram Narrows story quest, that doesnt sound too bad? That would remove 1 faction quest for a bit, but I dont think the trade off would be that bad, since it would require much more time for spammer to get there.

Another thing I question is why the devs that made the game in the first place does not strip "higher order commands" from chat messages. WHY on earth is users even allowed to broadcast control switches in chat? Bot is clearly using something akin to a /clear control statements in the chat message.

Relying on the client "not allowing" users to post this just bad practice, any unallowed control statements/characters should be stripped from messages on server before getting broadcasted. Its like network programming basics.

This is not a client issue and should not be treated as a client issue. Its a server issue, regardless of how much they patch the clients, this issue will not go away unless servers are patched.

1 hour ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Same thing happened in Archeage. What we did til they were able to fix it was to maximize chat as much ans possible to try and get the name.

They are most likely using a clear command, enlarging the chat does not work, everything before the actual message is removed from the log.

Just now, BlackRoze said:

They are most likely using a clear command, enlarging the chat does not work, everything before the actual message is removed from the log.

Doing what I did, maximize chat, minimizing font makes getting the name a simple scroll.  This is how we dealt with it in archeage until they fixed it. There's another post about it in General where I posted the names of the ones doing it for Dochun and Old Man Cho.

Archived