BM pvp

ShabbyStabby

Ok, so I've started pvp testing at 30ish to get a feel for how it works. I did Assassin first, then saw a Blade Master abuse me silly and now am trying to play Blade Master. I get that I won't be able to pull off lvl 45 shenanigans BUT I'm trying to see what I can do. So far, it looks like in a head to head dps race I can beat an Assassin 2-3 levels higher than me (did pve testing), however Assassin feels so much SAFER. I can decide when to engage as Sin, but on BM I just have to brace for impact. Which is fine of course, and now I'm rambling- sorry. Questions!

1) If I'm looking for max defensive uptime, what should I take? I already got the Cyclone=invuln and Raid=invuln traits, I got my block=stun trait, Crash=knockdown. Again, not a lot of points- the final ones are to get heal on Singing Lark and two points into Breeze (just bumped down to get invuln on cyclone, which netted me my first win). From here, what would I take? What could I change to increase the time I'm ~not~ taking damage?

2) How do you deal with other classes? Destroyer spin seems to ignore my block (life then sucks) and when I dove onto them with the sprint->lmb I got stunned instead. On Assassin I just got chain stunned and spent the second match afk once I hit 30k hp and they still stunned me. Force Master I got someone on my level and managed to pull the win out, but how do you gap close them? I noticed that I was constantly slowed and kited.

3) When do I use my stun breaks? I know when I'm stunned to spam the f key CONSTANTLY (until I can mentally time the stun downtimes), but when do I use tab and 1-4 (currently just 1/3 and tab)? Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies with help. And yes, I know. I'm not supposed to win when I'm level 30, but I had to try to see what I could figure out.

8 hours ago, ShabbyStabby said:

1) If I'm looking for max defensive uptime, what should I take? I already got the Cyclone=invuln and Raid=invuln traits, I got my block=stun trait, Crash=knockdown. Again, not a lot of points- the final ones are to get heal on Singing Lark and two points into Breeze (just bumped down to get invuln on cyclone, which netted me my first win). From here, what would I take? What could I change to increase the time I'm ~not~ taking damage?

Sounds like you're using the rush immunity not raid. Which is Multislash...which is really meh in comparison to the stun option instead. Also crash always knocks down and is a bad skill in general(very limited situational use). You should really focus less on the ability to take less damage at this point...cyclone and block/parry is all you really need.

2) How do you deal with other classes? Destroyer spin seems to ignore my block (life then sucks) and when I dove onto them with the sprint->lmb I got stunned instead.

Destroyer is a class you'll need intimate knowledge of. You need to know the color of their spins, watch for their fury, know more or less when their leap/pull are up, etc. You'll learn these things as you fight them more. The #1 rule when dealing with beyblades is to just let them spin without getting hit and being patient. The white spin is their cc break, the red one is their long cooldown that pierces defense(but not iframes, so dance around them with your evade and blindsides), the colorless spins will deflect in the first .5 seconds and if he hits you, then he gets enough focus to continue spinning, even more if he deflects you.

On Assassin I just got chain stunned and spent the second match afk once I hit 30k hp and they still stunned me.

Assassin is all about very quick reactions. Using Lunar Slash to knock them out of their shadow slips, blindsiding it when you can't. Do not use your cc break when they blind you, just be patient. They have multiple blinds, if they just used their roll that blinded you, take a breather as you just got their cc break, they can't do it again for another 40 seconds, so catch them if you can. DO NOT HIT THEIR COUNTER. For the love of god, learn what their 2 counters look like and do not hit them, you give them so many options by hitting their counter. Their standing counter has a 2 second duration and an 8 second cooldown that can give them 6 seconds of stealth and all the focus in the world, don't hit it. Do not go all in if their lotus is up, hit them with a stun and Honed Slash a couple times to get them to run away to it. This is the go ahead flag if you've gotten their cc break, lotus, and their counter is on cooldown. Oh and if you see the moths coming at you, evade INTO them to apply your iframes and never block for more than .3 seconds unless they're using Lotus Fury, their guard break stuns, has no cooldown, and they're already spamming that button(bs!).

Force Master I got someone on my level and managed to pull the win out, but how do you gap close them? I noticed that I was constantly slowed and kited.

These used to be food last patch, but they've become a rather pain in the ass to deal with now. Spec into the 16m Shoulder Charge, this will give you a total of 4 charges to utilize(remember you can use evade to purge yourself if you can't charge).  DO NOT DO ANYTHING IF THEY ARE STANDING IN THEIR BLUE BUBBLE AND YOU ARE NOT. They are resistant to everything that's not in the bubble(including charges!). You have two options: run away and force them to come out, or run in and then do things(remember your Soaring Falcon, Blizblade Scourge, and Blade Storm will still not do anything inside). Beyond this, just keep pressure high and victory will come shortly after. Do not go all out until you see their cc break and Ice Form(Frost Sheath?).

3) When do I use my stun breaks? I know when I'm stunned to spam the f key CONSTANTLY (until I can mentally time the stun downtimes), but when do I use tab and 1-4 (currently just 1/3 and tab)? Any tips are appreciated.

Don't ever use 1 while you're on the ground. Use 3 when you can. Spamming F is not always the solution(especially against a Blade Dancer that still has his charges).

For your Tab escape...

Force Master: Whatever, use it whenever.

KFM: Whenever.

Summoner: When the cat grips you.

Assassin: If you're stunned and they're nearby and not using counter.

Blade Dancer: When they're near and not spinning.

Destroyer: Any time you're stunned or dazed and don't have your f(red flag). You can not let them anicancel.

Blade Master: After Raid stun extension or during an early Blade Call that you can't F or SS out of.

9 hours ago, ShabbyStabby said:

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies with help. And yes, I know. I'm not supposed to win when I'm level 30, but I had to try to see what I could figure out.

We are the most dependent on skill points of all the classes, but you can still win a few games in your 30s...but don't expect gold.

Archived