How to avoid assassin stealth/what are their escapes?

Masqava

Whenever I'm playing against assassin, they just always seems to go stealth/get away from anything I do.

I feel it is because I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

They generally slow me down, move to the other side of the map in stealth and wait till their cooldowns are up.

They stealth a couple times in a row.

And then they go back waiting.

I would like to know.

How many escapes, what the escapes look like and how to avoid them best.

Assassins have to play like this because outside of stealth we're not nearly as potent. Maybe someone else will give you tips on how to beat us. I don't know the numbers, I just do what I can to stay in stealth. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 4 ways we have to get into stealth.

Yeah, that's tougher then because they can just pop a counter while you spin and get free stealth.

The main thing to look for that increases the % of time an assassin spends in stealth is their wavy hand motion.  If you spin into, or jump at them while they do this move it's a counter and will put them into stealth.  Additionally, they can use counter while knocked down that will pop them into stealth.

If you don't spin, you'll spend a great deal of time stunned, but if you do spin you'll activate their counters easily, so it's a catch 22 for destroyers.  Fortunately, you can knock them out of stealth somewhat easier than many classes because they won't be able to stun you as easily.

2 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

Yeah, that's tougher then because they can just pop a counter while you spin and get free stealth.

The main thing to look for that increases the % of time an assassin spends in stealth is their wavy hand motion.  If you spin into, or jump at them while they do this move it's a counter and will put them into stealth.  Additionally, they can use counter while knocked down that will pop them into stealth.

If you don't spin, you'll spend a great deal of time stunned, but if you do spin you'll activate their counters easily, so it's a catch 22 for destroyers.  Fortunately, you can knock them out of stealth somewhat easier than many classes because they won't be able to stun you as easily.

I just feel it's hard to knock them out of skills because we don't have any long range untargeted skill, since drag requires a target, and they go into more movespeed than us.

They stun me from ranges I can't even target them. As you said the spin is a free stealth, they kite us, they slow us, slowly wittle us down.

I've sparred against Destroyers within my guild and from what I've seen is : if you spin2win and they counter(wavy hand motion) you can use the skill the pull/sucks them in to you to knock them out of stealth.

Now from personal experience in Arena it can just be a mind game. Whoever sets the pace of the match will usually end up winning.

Archived