This game is /not/ merely PvP based.

NueHoujuu

Why is everyone saying the game is focused more on PvP and that the selling point is PvP.

The selling point is that it's an MMORPG with a great combat system, and it features both some really good PvP and really good PvE (subject to interpretation).

The PvP in this game is already a lot of fun to me, and while it's not exactly balanced now, that's because we aren't as up-to-date on the game as other regions are, it'll be balanced once we get there.

The PvE in this game is also pretty good to me, especially with Junghado. Right now he's like this game's TzTok Jad.

PvP only players, this isn't your game exclusively.

PvE only players, this isn't your game exclusively.

It's for both, and caters to people who enjoy both.

However yes, it does kinda downplay you if you specialize in one or the other, but so far I haven't seen anything that you can't get around. You can buy Hongmoon techniques on market apparently. You can still do faction dailies without engaging in PvP, except for the one where you kill ten players. If you aren't in the dominating faction, you should try every day to get into it. Ideally, NCSoft would add a special channel where faction balanc is enforced, to make it easier for people stuck in a weaker one. But hey.

(No, I'll never suggest/agree with single faction only channels, I feel like going that far goes against the point of faction content).

Archived