Invulnerability upon speaking to a NPC

gEddeh

Could it be possible to make players invulnerable when they're busy talking to an NPC?

I get the whole 'you know what you signed up for when you're wearing your faction uniform' thing, but it seems that most players are too afraid to engage in a fair match in Open World PvP. They will equip their uniform after you started talking to a NPC and gang you. When you come back for a rematch they will have either unequipped their uniform again or they just disappeared.

Only advice to this is...

...to join in on the ganking fun. :)

After you realize this, the game is your oyster and other "players" the pearls that you pick on when you feel like it.

You get extra bonus reporting them after they spend their vocabulary of thrash talk on you, win-win.

I haven't had this happen to me (yet), but it sounds like a really useful feature that we're lacking. Ganking someone when they're talking to an NPC sounds immature and just in really bad taste... like they think they're edgy or something, attacking someone who can't even fight back.

I hope something like this is put in place soon.

2 minutes ago, Eckin said:

Open world pvp is aimed at people ganking, if you want fair fights use the Arena.

It always will be indeed, but just give the person who is being ganged the chance to take someone to the grave with him ;p

Honestly my only complaint about owPvP is the lack of a spawn/teleport immunity. Yes, you probably should press 3 instead of 4 to respawn so you don't get camped and yes wearing your faction outfit to teleport is a bit silly, but these things happen, and when you get killed in a loading screen it's just a sour feeling.

Archived