Hook Kick

bloodynametheives

I know you need at least one poison stacked.

But the ability honestly fails quite often for myself. It actually says resisted sometimes, sometimes it says nothing.

I perform the skill, do the animation etc, do the damage from hook kick and just straight up fail to stealth.

I also find myself failing to enter stealth often enough with shadow dash also, or i will enter stealth and return to decoy stance after .5 of a second

I do not take damage, i do not have any dot or debuff applied to me when it happens and i do not use an ability to change my stance.

The most annoying thing that has happened to me is any time i fought a KFM, i would use my wood doll/block ability and when they attacked me

i would appear in stealth behind them with the doll over my own head and would be stunned for two seconds.

This happens a lot to me in arena.

Same effect on the shield mobs in PvE. Even with them poisoned, hook kick + blocked = no stealth.

I don't mind it at all, more ways to deal with assassins. Just like in pvp if an assassin decoy counters your hook kick, you don't get to stealth with that assassin that successfully decoyed you.

That's one thing that blows about being an Assassin, we rely so much on stealth and it fails us too easily. Not only do the abilities to get INTO stealth require conditions and can be resisted, sometimes the stealth itself gets bugged. Even worse is  that sometimes damage breaks you out (like an enemy spinning around right as you enter).

On 2/22/2016 at 11:49 AM, AGx07 said:

That's one thing that blows about being an Assassin, we rely so much on stealth and it fails us too easily. Not only do the abilities to get INTO stealth require conditions and can be resisted, sometimes the stealth itself gets bugged. Even worse is  that sometimes damage breaks you out (like an enemy spinning around right as you enter).

My favorite is when I hook kick a Destroyer and get hit by his LMB and my stealth breaks. Pretty annoying since hook kick has end lag and I can't move away fast enough. (though I am aware I could probably just get better at using the skill at better times)

A good example of a consistently buggy stealth entrance is this situation: Destroyer uses super fast knee kick. (the one that is a contextual skill on oppenent's blocking. I forgot the name.) I use [Q] and get the iFrame. Stealth fails to activate.

Most of the time when this happens, I never get the stealth I'm supposed to. I attribute this mainly to the speed of the knee attack.

48 minutes ago, Prokofiev said:

A good example of a consistently buggy stealth entrance is this situation: Destroyer uses super fast knee kick. (the one that is a contextual skill on oppenent's blocking. I forgot the name.) I use [Q] and get the iFrame. Stealth fails to activate.

Most of the time when this happens, I never get the stealth I'm supposed to. I attribute this mainly to the speed of the knee attack.

you're talking about Knee, F3T2.

But since you're not blocking anymore, is the Destroyer still launching an attack? If he isn't, that would explain the lack of stealth. If it happens from time to time, bug it is.

As is the swap + shadow dash, you need to wait for them to travel behind you with the swap, if not they are still facing you and not giving you stealth, even if you end up behind them.

The resist might be an iframe (need more specifics to theorycraft on this).

Archived