Why is Misty Woods PvE so poorly optimized to the point of being unplayable?

Yukimisama

Intel i7-4970k

16GB of 2133Mhz RAM

Nvidia GTX 980

850W PSU

SSD

Average Latency: 57ms

Windows 10 fully updated

Nvidia 361.91 up to date Drivers

So what is the answer to Misty Woods PvE here? It is literally unplayable for me on my $2000 hand built computer. I play this game, like every other game I own at full settings and maintain my monitor's cap 60 FPS with the occasional drops to 45-50 during crazy shit going on. Yet when I go to Misty Woods for Blackwyrm or Terror farming, I'm set down to every setting as low as it will possibly go. Names turned off. Characters hidden, v-sync disabled and I don't ever get over 20 fps. On top of that, I get screen locking like no tomorrow for well over a half second at times, primarily only occuring at the abilities I'm meant to dodge on a 0.2s window like the Blackwrym roar for example. Ignore the fact that I can't even ss it properly with a backstep, this is so unplayable, I can't even 'f' retreat from the knockdown because of screen lockup, I literally mash 'f' and I don't even retreat.

What is the answer? Is there even one? There has to be with the 3-5 players per server being famous for tanking blackwyrms, they have to have the answer. I've even watched videos of guys doing it and it looks playable from their pov. Worse over, I leave MSI Afterburner open on the other monitor, and while playing the game at max settings everywhere else I never see my GPU over 60% load, or my CPU over 40% load. I go to misty woods and slam all of my settings into the ground and the games still unplayable and my GPU isn't breaking 40% usage nor is my CPU breaking 30% usage. My computer isn't even 'attempting' to handle what's going on in the game, it's just not even putting the effort forth to try to stop the screen locking, or increase the fps. I go sit in Mushin's Tower though, maintained 60 fps and playable. Arena? 60 fps and playable. 6 man dungeon? 60 fps and playable. Misty Woods PvE Farming? sub 20-fps with screen-locking galore. 

How do I fix this?

Archived