Launcher is useless/broken

AmatsuDF

So, I've been spending the last several days trying to download the Stage 2 portion of the game. Several days, only because it requires constant babysitting and can't resume on its own. It completes, says there's a update, grab that...and after several minutes of getting 'repair files'...starts over the Stage 2 portion. From 0 MB downloaded. No, the total amount is unchanged as well, so don't ask that. The only guess I got is somehow when grabbing the version 20 update it decided it would be a great idea to completely delete 4.2 GB of data for no reason. Either that, or using the patcher that runs when the game is running is actually a bad idea, but it is also the only patcher where you can just hit the download button during Stage 2 downloading...unlike the main launcher, which if it gets interupted, has to be completely restarted to resume the stage 2 download.

This is beyond stupid. This is quite possibly the worst launcher for a game, because I have never seen one this bad in all the MMOs I've played. I can't play my main at all because, it gives no warning before going to a area that needs Stage 2 completed.

After version 21 came out, I observed what happened. Whoever designed this patcher needs to be fired, because...if you are not done Stage 2, and a Stage 1 update occurs, it deletes the entire last patch's folder...even if Stage 2 is incomplete. This is completely stupid in all ways: not all of us can get good connections to grab the game in a day or two, and compounded with the fact it constantly stops downloading...I hope that the backup I made of the stage 2 patch data works, or I may just find a different game, with a less idiotic patcher, to play.

Edit: Only some of the data could be used from my back up, none of the pieces cause it's basically a torrent. If another update is released before I can finish this download, I will find another game to play, and if I had premium, you better believe I'd be doing a charge back right now.

Archived