This game is amazing, all but one thing.

Movement.

Just a suggestion really. The two beautifully designed mechanics, separated when you get into combat. You spend all this time in and out of the other yet they don't compliment eachother. It would open up a whole new freedom of movement. When I'm in battle, yeah it's a little fast paced, yeah it gets intense. I just don't enjoy being locked finger mashing my keyboard to dodge attacks and do damage. I hate just standing there, and when you're done fighting, you have that long awkward pause getting away. Very boring. Yeah you can chain together attacks on other enemies to get through faster, but there are cooldowns. Cooldowns are boring. Since there is a stamina bar, I think it should be utilized more during battle allowing you to sprint, dodge and roll, run on walls, all that good stuff. Maybe there's a way to get out of it, all I know is that there are long periods of time where my character is unnecessarily "ready" for battle. Just waiting to put his weapon away, and he doesn't. So I just sit there, running around with a stupid look on my face waiting to eat a dumpling. I would appreciate a sheath or holster stance in between. So attacking puts you immediately in battle stance, and maybe shift holsters.

Think about it, this game is wonderful, and I seriously think something like that could hold it back. At least for me, I prefer freedom of movement over just standing there in one place waiting for my turn to press a button to move.

It wouldn't work. People would get too many easy get away cards and some classes can't even properly hit people in the air. The point of this game is to dodge when its actually needed not dodge and run around to waste everyone's time because you didn't like how the dude started on you. As much as I hate games that purposely reduce your movement speed in combat, this game is very different.

The ONLY negative point I have is how freakn long it is to get out of combat @!$@#%R$#%T omg I hate it.

12 minutes ago, Mariester said:

The ONLY negative point I have is how freakn long it is to get out of combat @!$@#%R$#%T omg I hate it.

It's worse in dungeons because they don't get off combat stance until there's no enemies within a certain distance. Still remember the fact that most times people skip Poh mobs and you gotta walk there if you get hit... 

5 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

It's worse in dungeons because they don't get off combat stance until there's no enemies within a certain distance. Still remember the fact that most times people skip Poh mobs and you gotta walk there if you get hit... 

We had some kind of bug where we would get stuck indefinitely in combat after killing Trasher. We had to escape the area to get out of combat. I hope they can fix how long it takes some day x.x

37 minutes ago, Ragna said:

Isn't that precisely what "Evade" and your S/Q/E is and meant for? Removing their CDs and allowing constant use would be quite the nightmare imo.

Assassins don't have an E yet. There's constant use regardless, people have you locked in animations all the time I am just starting to learn how to get out of them, but having more freedom to not get grabbed is a bonus.

42 minutes ago, Izzye said:

I agree with you, I really want an option to like dodge roll out of an attack. Its hard with wide range moves because I can only slowly jump backwards and I never get out in time. Hope they add those at some point. x)

Yeah it's all timing! The hardest timing I've seen so far is blackwyrm, mainly because of lag due to all the people attacking and animations going off. But that ontop of player concentration and incredible timing in pvp... so hard to dodge.

35 minutes ago, Mariester said:

It wouldn't work. People would get too many easy get away cards and some classes can't even properly hit people in the air. The point of this game is to dodge when its actually needed not dodge and run around to waste everyone's time because you didn't like how the dude started on you. As much as I hate games that purposely reduce your movement speed in combat, this game is very different.

It would definitely work. I prefer that over easy "locked animation" cards. Would rather pool up the animations myself using short hopping and cancels to get around. It's just rather tedious standing still while fighting. I try to move around as much as possible but at the pace of animations and attacks I feel there could be so much more to be done. It's like nail on a chalkboard, all this fast paced action and legs are acting like they're hauling around a tank lmao.

Also if I want to run around and waste everyone's time I can do it anyways, but I want to FIGHT. This whole thing is to chase those down who run away actually.

I am quite the hoppy player anyways, I just prefer to move more rather than attack more.

Archived