Leveling experience is incredibly bland

Crash

This can be said for many games because it's simply "leveling", but BnS in particular really seems to have thrown a curveball on the leveling "experience" with this game. It can't be that difficult to create some decent variety in mobs surely? all It's been from 1-40 is:

General human mobs with class based stances

Zombies (perhaps 3 or 4 different variants that you don't even see that often anyway)

Dogs that drop bombs and run away

Bears

Frog people

Giant grasshoppers?

and some bull like creatures

That's basically it for the most part, and even then, you don't even fight these creatures all that much, I'm sure I've spent most the game killing Human style mobs over and over again, then because every single mob encounter in the game is the same thing (doesn't even matter if its 1 or 10 mobs) being the same "combo" spam, which generally starts with some form of CC in where they're generally dead before they can even get out of your 1-3 CCs, it just feels like a snoozefest.

So basically PvE levelling involves dungeons you can do with your eyes closed, fighting human class based mobs all the time and wrecking them so hard that a lot of the time you don't even get to pull off a single full combo on them. I've been reading all the blue quests just so I can try and get an interest in the games story as well, but because of how bland every single mob encounter is and the fact that I'm just killing a different variation of human mobs all the time, I'm honestly losing the will to finish the last 5 levels, I also don't want to hear "but this game is based around pvp" because it's complete crap, if it was based around pvp then the pve wouldn't exist at all and you would just start at cap.

Your right there is not too much variety in mobs while leveling but the truth is you wont be leveling forever (unless you totally suck) so yea.

NCSoft has a lot more bigger issues to deal with like fixing ping ,performance issues ,character deletion time ,some class balances ,a lot of bugs etc etc. 

I don't think they have time for this.

Sorry.

1 minute ago, DroxX9 said:

I don't think they have time for this.

Sorry.

Did some part of you think I was looking to ask NCsoft to ask the developers to start adding mobs which involves *cricket*ing around with the quests it self? I'm simply venting my frustration at how incredibly bland the levelling experience and lack of mobs is, call it feedback if you want, feedback in which nothing will happen.

5 minutes ago, Crash said:

Did some part of you think I was looking to ask NCsoft to ask the developers to start adding mobs which involves *cricket*ing around with the quests it self? I'm simply venting my frustration at how incredibly bland the levelling experience and lack of mobs is, call it feedback if you want, feedback in which nothing will happen.

I understand.

Was just stating the facts.

Happy venting of frustration.

Archived