Performance Tip

Atheyana

Not sure if this will work for everyone but has worked for the few who tested it including myself. For those with powerful systems and get below 15 FPS at wyvern in Misty Woods attempt this as it may yield some results.

The following is for Windows 7 OS but should be able to do something similar on 8/8.1 and 10. Ignore the OS Compatibility Mode option as they are all fairly equal. The more important part is disabling visual themes and scaling on high DPI settings.

bnsproperties.png

The image above won't increase your max FPS but will help boost the minimum FPS to a playable range. Still looking into the reason for why disabling these improves performance but it has given more benefit while playing.

Leave feedback on whether this has helped any of you but it has made the FPS more stable for me. People I know that tested this had decent success as well.

On the same topic: have you or anyone else actually compared the performance difference on win7 and win8.1? Is win7 actually THAT better in fps? Been reading some forums lately and people keep saying that Win7 is much, much better than win8.1 or win10.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10 Pro on this PC. Haven't seen much difference between the two operating systems. More about the system settings on whether it is set to performance mode or not. Mainly tweaking the system to run as performance happy as possible. This means disregarding energy saving ability, giving up system visual effects, etc.

Another factor is hardware and can play a role in performance. Blade & Soul prefers better single thread CPUs. If you have one that is weak in this area you will get worse performance with the game. Unless the game gets better optimized people will need the best single thread CPUs and a decent GPU (this doesn't need to be top of the line as Blade & Soul uses your CPU mostly).

My CPU is a bit old (I5-2500k), its now overclocked to 4.5ghz, even though I still get like 20 fps in bw or terror fights (settings are on 3, shadows and AA on 1).

Also was thinking to upgrade my win8.1 to win10, but was affraid of random crashes people were experiencing with win10. Do you have any while play BnS?

8 hours ago, Atheyana said:

Not sure if this will work for everyone but has worked for the few who tested it including myself. For those with powerful systems and get below 15 FPS at wyvern in Misty Woods attempt this as it may yield some results.

The following is for Windows 7 OS but should be able to do something similar on 8/8.1 and 10. Ignore the OS Compatibility Mode option as they are all fairly equal. The more important part is disabling visual themes and scaling on high DPI settings.

bnsproperties.png

The image above won't increase your max FPS but will help boost the minimum FPS to a playable range. Still looking into the reason for why disabling these improves performance but it has given more benefit while playing.

Leave feedback on whether this has helped any of you but it has made the FPS more stable for me. People I know that tested this had decent success as well.

Have tried your method just now on win 8.1 - for me seems no diference. Although I couldn't find disable visual themes in win 8.1, maybe this could be the problem.

Archived