Assassin Arena and Open World Combo Rotation?

Distinctive

Open world: literally anything, if you attack first you're gonna win if you're equal or higher level.

Arena: I don't use any set combos, I'm a "reactive player" I guess... I just do whatever I think I should do next. Of course, I have some combos, but I don't do the same things.

2 minutes ago, DankDuck1 said:

Open world: literally anything, if you attack first you're gonna win if you're equal or higher level.

You must have fought really bad players then.

They always end up using their flash bomb and running away like little girls.

15 minutes ago, DankDuck1 said:

Arena: I don't use any set combos, I'm a "reactive player" I guess... I just do whatever I think I should do next. Of course, I have some combos, but I don't do the same things.

well, i understand what you mean by being a "reactive player" and I'm sure everyone is one but what i meant is a combo rotation similar to kung fu masters or destroyers where they chunk a huge amount of HP off the enemy

2 minutes ago, Distinctive said:

well, i understand what you mean by being a "reactive player" and I'm sure everyone is one but what i meant is a combo rotation similar to kung fu masters or destroyers where they chunk a huge amount of HP off the enemy

Ah, right. Well, unfortunately I'm not entirely sure, I just string together small combos and maneuvers to keep my moves fresh and less predictable.

Open World: If its PvE your meaning, then I'm not sure threes anywhere close to a better "rotation" then the permastealth RM+F blitz. If you mean open world PvP, honestly its still a descent bet to use as much as you can, but if you have time i'd stick to the same combos as arena.

Arena: sins have a bunch of short stun CCs on relatively short CDs. you can mix up the order however you want but alot of people use spinal tap > LMB+RMB ani-cancelling > lotus kick>anicancel>hook quick into stealth>lightning rod (while spinal tap is on CD), with a knockup mixed in.  2 things to add are A. close shave and B knockup combo

For stun-based combos close shave is really good, as it does good damage but more importantly has a long animation to milk more time out of the stuns. Secondly is the knockup combo, Against some classes i used air bomb to do more damage to the opponent but at higher levels i found the classic web combo works best. You use the tab knockup where you can (usually after you've used a few of those stun CDs). then volley for some extra damage and web (tab knockdown moved specced) to give you some time to set up a few things: lotus of escape, smoke bomb (because you will be chi starved) and shadowdash are my big ones).

last thing, you may not be using the lightning dash ability often. i have trouble getting even just 3 stacks of poison on an enemy to stick, so i usually only use it as a finisher. but if for whatever reason, (usually a well timed time bomb) i have a 4-5 stack of poison i use it before it falls off. 5 stacks in arena have crit for nearly 10k, its the biggest nuke we have.

N.B. i used those arena tips to get too early plat, they were mostly gleaned off this youtube channel. all credit goes to him, give the videos a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29jaEi-3Fgi-J7fTJzVKPw

3 minutes ago, Graye said:

Open World: If its PvE your meaning, then I'm not sure threes anywhere close to a better "rotation" then the permastealth RM+F blitz. If you mean open world PvP, honestly its still a descent bet to use as much as you can, but if you have time i'd stick to the same combos as arena.

Arena: sins have a bunch of short stun CCs on relatively short CDs. you can mix up the order however you want but alot of people use spinal tap > LMB+RMB ani-cancelling > lotus kick>anicancel>hook quick into stealth>lightning rod (while spinal tap is on CD), with a knockup mixed in.  2 things to add are A. close shave and B knockup combo

For stun-based combos close shave is really good, as it does good damage but more importantly has a long animation to milk more time out of the stuns. Secondly is the knockup combo, Against some classes i used air bomb to do more damage to the opponent but at higher levels i found the classic web combo works best. You use the tab knockup where you can (usually after you've used a few of those stun CDs). then volley for some extra damage and web (tab knockdown moved specced) to give you some time to set up a few things: lotus of escape, smoke bomb (because you will be chi starved) and shadowdash are my big ones).

last thing, you may not be using the lightning dash ability often. i have trouble getting even just 3 stacks of poison on an enemy to stick, so i usually only use it as a finisher. but if for whatever reason, (usually a well timed time bomb) i have a 4-5 stack of poison i use it before it falls off. 5 stacks in arena have crit for nearly 10k, its the biggest nuke we have.

N.B. i used those arena tips to get too early plat, they were mostly gleaned off this youtube channel. all credit goes to him, give the videos a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29jaEi-3Fgi-J7fTJzVKPw

Thanks a lot for the help dude! ill go spar it out with my friends and try to take in everything there asap. 

Damage and HP in open world pvp is a much different dynamic than in Arena - if you are minimally geared (at least true profane + infernal accessories + Poh/MW soul shield), you'll be hitting ~2x harder than you do in arena (combining both raw damage and extra crit/crit damage), and on targets that generally have less HP. Just one good round of stealth ani canceling should drop a player. I sometimes drop players in only 2 stuns on my BM if I get lucky on crits, and my ani cancel DPS is not nearly as strong as sin. 

Archived