Ping issues from game not my internet - need help! :(

Deelaaan

Hello, my ping used to be playable and really responsive at 170 - 180 ms when I was playing in release then after a few weeks it has increased to 330 ms + and has stayed the same for a few weeks now. I am 100% sure it is not my internet as it only happens through the game itself. I have attached an image showing my ping which is really high and somehow in the picture it shows the ping I used to play on which is grayed out for some reason, I don't know if it is my IP that could be a problem or the server port on NCsoft side but my internet works 100%. Thank you.

image of the ping A9MBzdX.png 

1) Do not use any other internet related software when playing games. Yes, I look at you, Steam.
2) Try to run only the game and nothing else. 

3) Stop any background processes via msconfig (you probably know that already)

4) Download "PingPlotter" and traceroute the following IPs: North America: 64.25.35.100 / Europe: 206.127.148.16. With a little help from our friends here or from teh interwebz, you can easilly pinpoint where the problem is.

5) Send a ticket to NC (Not recommended cuz they probably won't fix your issues as they didn't with mine)

6) Contact your ISP and ask them if they can put you on a "fast path" or "game mode" or something.

7) Wait for the upcoming patch at February 10th (like the rest of us) and see if the "perfomance fixes" they promised us will actually fix the game's most essential things at the moment (FPS, latency, crappy optimization)

1. Uninstall PingPlotter (what the hell would you need a crappy program like that for?)

2. Make sure everything that connects to the internet is turned off and try again

3. If you are still lagging, make sure your firewall doesn't affect the game by temporarily turning it off or adding an exception.

4. You can check your anti-virus software, sometimes it delays internet traffic, because it's "checking it too much".

5. Still lagging? You could try opening the ports (80, 443, 6600, 10100, 10241, 10900, 12100, 27500), if you have access to your router

6. If you are still experiencing problems, NOW is the time to check your connection to the server, so don't download anything, and hit your windows-key + r and enter 'cmd'. A command prompt should open. Type 'pathping 64.25.35.100' and wait a couple of minutes. If you want to, you can post the result over here and I will have a look at it.

Archived