FPS Problem?

Bl4ckSnow

Hey, before I begin these are my specs

Intel Core i5-5200U

GeForce GTX 950m w/4GB Dedicated VRAM

8GB DDR3 L Memory

My settings for B&S is at 1080p with everything on the 4th Slider and I'm getting roughly about 30-40 FPS tops. When I set my powerplan settings to max performance and switched my graphics card to use nVidias own i'm still getting those set FPS. Any idea why? If anything I would've at least expected probably a +10 FPS boost. 

3 hours ago, scarlettblaze said:

have you tried unchecking the V-sync? and make sure you increase the limit background FPS to 100. let me know 

Still no change. The amazing part is that I even lowered shadows to 1 and it's still giving me the same.

yeah this problem plagued me for weeks.

the secret is to turn your computer to high efficiency as opposed to an energy saving mode and then to turn all your graphics up to 5 and check on everything.  

made my fps of 20 jump up to 70.  I was so ecstatic.  If  you're still having issues, pm me and ill send you links on exactly how to do it.

also, I want to thank all the people who like to waste other peoples time and tell them stupid things like is your vsync turned off? are your shadows off? are your drivers updated? cause I dont think any of that stuff works and they just want to up their post counts.  please get off these forums.  

i had similar problems and when i posted and asked for help i think about 15 people came on all muttering the same recycled nonsense and it just gave me a lot of headache.  

1 hour ago, gr8pez said:

yeah this problem plagued me for weeks.

the secret is to turn your computer to high efficiency as opposed to an energy saving mode and then to turn all your graphics up to 5 and check on everything.  

made my fps of 20 jump up to 70.  I was so ecstatic.  If  you're still having issues, pm me and ill send you links on exactly how to do it.

also, I want to thank all the people who like to waste other peoples time and tell them stupid things like is your vsync turned off? are your shadows off? are your drivers updated? cause I dont think any of that stuff works and they just want to up their post counts.  please get off these forums.  

i had similar problems and when i posted and asked for help i think about 15 people came on all muttering the same recycled nonsense and it just gave me a lot of headache.  

Both turning on settings to 5 or turning off settings to 1 doesn't work for me and my computer is not in energy saving mode.

Could you share more information about what exrtra you have done ? =/

The core issue is less your PC specs, than the fact that Blade & Soul is a very old game on a very old engine which still uses the DX9.0c or whatev.  Without an engine upgrade to support DX11 / DX12, the game is simply unable to make full use of the advanced features and power of modern graphics cards.

For example, I have a GTX 980 Ti and even in just a six-man dungeon, I drop down as far as 40-ish FPS.

The simple truth is many games using similarly outdated engines like Forgelight ( Planetside 2, H1Z1 ) have the same problem.  There just isn't much you can do about their shoddy performance.

Archived