FPS drop, read the whole thang before posting please.

samash

Okay, hi all I'm not gonna intruce myself but im gonna askya something that is being a huge pain for me since CBT1. Before I speak I'll post my specs.

-Operative sistem : Windows 10.

-GPU: GeForce GTX 970M

-CPU: Intel core i7-4720 HQ @2'6 ghz.

-RAm: 8gb

If you need to check any other detail for more specific information, its an Alienware 17 R2 (June/2015 model).

-My conection , 50mbps, Allocated in Spain, regular ping to france 50ms to germany 70 (tested using Ooklaspeed test).

-Connection methods tested: via Wireless and using the Ethernet wire.

-Im using a laptop so IM ALWAIS PLUGED. battery s**** boost.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fine, now we got to this point Im gonna explain the Issue:

Playing with all the settings on and maxed.

Turning Off ''Vsync'' setting allows me to reach 120 FPS but the drop is real. Whenever I move ( after a short period of seconds maybe 5, 10 or 20 its just random) my fps drops from120 to 30 or even much MUCH lower ( 10 is marked as the limit by now ). Population doesnt affect to the dropping thing, even just turning the camera sometimes makes a truly huge fps drop by the way.

Logical solution is turning on Vsync to avoid the drop: no result, from 60 to 30 or lower.

Other solution might be turning off some settings, okay lets go for it.

ALL SETTINGS LOWERED, ALL TURNED OFF.

same old story, fps drops everytime, everywhere and random as life.

now getting serious, using LOW END pc config.

dunno the reason (I've heard that the game was just designed to run much better in fullscreen mode, maybe is because of that) but it sucks even harder. drops and moar fps drops.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've contacted with NC Support but I dont feel too confident about this, I must say they tried to help me with patience and taking care about my issue but unfortunately it didnt work I'll tell you what and why we did those dirty things:

-shutting down all start-up services on my computer and cleaning the winsock: I dont know what winsock is, but following the steps they provided me I was eable to fulfill my purpose, the reason why is because it might be affecting my CPU usage with many procces running on the background. not worked at all.

-Testing my conection to the server: this is something curious because of two facts; first fact is the rubberbanding and the rewinding thing caused by ping, making your character to teleport back in time (not so cool as maxine does) it could be affecting FPS because of the multiple loading or whatevertheheck. the second thing is using this thingy https://www.iplocation.net/ and using the IP provided by the support of the EU server you can find out that the NC interactive server is allocated in Austin, Texas. Fine. check it out yourself - Europe: 206.127.148.16
North America: 64.25.35.100 .

-Changing my Microsoft user (what the actual F***), yes I tried that just for the LOLz, of course nothing happened. what could I spect huh.

-turned off all the security stuff: It could be interfering my connection. nope.

-game re-instalation: guess what. nailed.

-game file repair: read above.

-run the game as admin: same old story.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Things I've done for myself:

Of course first thing you must do is set NVidia GPU as the default GPU, so I did.

-following this video 

and tested, sadly it didnt work at all. maybe it made it get worse. I restored the default settings.

-My GPU drivers are updated.

-I've tried other video guides, but it didnt seem to make any difference so, Im not gonna talk about it.

-I've turned off the SLI default setting (just turned on 1GPU mode I mean. I got no SLI its logical).

-Tested the conexion (I was afraid that ping was causing the whole thing) with 300mbps in somebody else's house. same s***.

-Played the game in the mos awful mode, turning all the possible procces off, nothing running on background, no perfomance changes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

actual games I tested with Ultra/high settings.

-The witchet 3 the wild hunt, ultra settings Nvidia hairworks off. 60 fps. (post proccessing s*** got some things lowered)

-Metal gear TPP: Ultra 60fps.

-Metal gear online (because of the ping thing) smooth, no lags, no fps droping, max settings (except of ambient occlusion not for perfomance)

The support couldn't provide me the help I need, I've seen computers with lower configurations running this game smoothly so I think is not about my specs. this is why I come to you and call for your help, I've been waiting this game for eversince I saw the launching trailer for KR ( before Christ I think). So as you can realize the pain and the butthurt is real, cant play the only game I really want to play.

I hope you can provide me any solution except of shoting myself of course. ( I will try everything before repliying)

thanks for your time and I feel so *cricket*ing sorry that you've read that s***storm I've posted. Also I want to apologize for my bad english, my poor grammar and my close-to-be-flaming to the NCsupport that is still triying to help me (more than 30h working together).

Once again, thanks for your time and patience, im feeling kinda hopeless about this.

My system is quite close to yours and as you wrote I've tried every each way but ended with so many fails.

• Intel® Core™ i7-5700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO M2 250GB
    Full HD 1920x1080 IPS Matt 60 Hz Screen 
    Windows 10 Home (64 Bit)
    Ram 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3
    3 Fan + 1 Cooler 
    (I don't have any heating problem even without cooler, yet for gaming notebook I wanted to have one)

There are 2 things that I haven't tried yet ;

1.Changing my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 7. (Some people say this game runs better at Windows 7.)

*Yet I've tried to change compability from properties to Windows 7. (Didn't make it)

2.Overclocking my cpu. (Mostly recommended for desktops and I've seen people who tried this and worked for them.)

*Since there is a lot of people who says "Don't overclock laptop" I didn't even bother.

Here are the ways I've tried also, could be helpfull maybe for you if haven't tried yet ;

1.Changing Nvidia Desktop settings (Nvidia Gpu Selected).

2.Overclocking Gpu with MSI Afterburner.

3.Display Driver Uninstaller.

4.There was a solution found by some Asian people to run game smoothly and someone just translated settings and gave us quick guide about it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcCB3eyV-s (There are some specific settings that you need to change with Nvidia Inspector in this guide, done it all except frame rate limiter.Somehow I wasn't able to set it to Off, when I did apply it goes back to default.Didn'tn bother to fix that after all of these, just set it to 120)

5.Changing in-game settings to low or high doesn't help as well to fps.

6.Nvidia Geforce Experience not installed after DDU process.

7.Some people say the game runs better with "Windows 7" but I've "Windows 10" at the moment, 
so all I can do about it was changing compability to "Windows 7" from properties of it.

8.Power Settings (High Performance)

Hmmm...this kinda sounds like the issue I was having actually.  I called the issue I was having "FPS microstutters".   Effectively I'd be playing the game, everything fine and then at random the game's video would completely freeze for about 5 seconds and then resume back up to normal frame rate.  If this sounds like what's happening to you then try this:

Install the game's client to the same drive as the NCsoft launcher (which installs itself to whatever drive your OS is on I believe).  Doesn't seem like this would help does it?  I don't blame you for thinking that, but it was the only thing I could find, after EVERYTHING I tried that corrected the issue.

3 hours ago, Xaelon said:

Hmmm...this kinda sounds like the issue I was having actually.  I called the issue I was having "FPS microstutters".   Effectively I'd be playing the game, everything fine and then at random the game's video would completely freeze for about 5 seconds and then resume back up to normal frame rate.  If this sounds like what's happening to you then try this:

Install the game's client to the same drive as the NCsoft launcher (which installs itself to whatever drive your OS is on I believe).  Doesn't seem like this would help does it?  I don't blame you for thinking that, but it was the only thing I could find, after EVERYTHING I tried that corrected the issue.

Tested, not working. at first it seemed to work but when I got incrowded places, I got low fps no matter wich settings im using(10 characters max settings 35 fps/10characters min settings 35 fps) and the fps keeps droping hard. the change is that I cant reach 120 fps. thanks for the effort but im still stucked

Archived