moderate proposal to faction population balance

Kurobon

I don't know how the population balance is currently implemented, but I have experienced the "critical mass majority" from both sides. On Yehara, crimson has critical mass and seems to be staying that way. I have 2 45s on crimson, and 1 on cerulean. Cerulean can hardly ever get NPC farming in because crimson descend on them, while crimson is doing it constantly in multiple channels. Crimson simply has 2-5 times as many 45s in misty at any given time.

I assume that when a faction gets a certain amount bigger than the other (say 50%), that it "fills". The problem with this, is that it can remain 50% bigger, and the other faction gets filled with alts.

How about this.... once a faction becomes "full" (say 50% bigger), it closes until the OTHER faction gets "full" (aka 50% bigger).

Of course, this isn't going to magically make the factions balanced. However, it might produce a dynamic balance, where a faction is closed until the enemy faction gets enough bigger that it has a chance to be dominant. The full condition could instead be based on something like weekly PVP kills (player and npc).

Thoughts?

Pretty sure the proposal you made is how the balance has been working, but with smaller numbers, like 20-30%.

The only fix I can add in for you is instead of counting the %, we count the actual number. For example, if a faction has about 10-15 players more, it's closed until other 10-15 people join the other faction.

I think a better fix would be to give the lesser faction MORE rewards for completing dailies or more marks. And as the balance normalizes, the rewards even put. That way there is an incentive to go to the lower faction so whenever there is an imbalance, the players chasing rewards will always move to the lower. 

Archived