Assassin class is so boring to play with

TooSiik

Just reached lvl 45 with Assassin and just obtained all of arena soul shields. but dam I'm not enjoying the class at all. They are only effective while stealth, and rbm+f gets stale very quickly especially when you can't even see your character do the moves..I really wanted to play the warlock class since it fits my playstyle, don't care about the nerfs, but It wasn';t available.

I picked assassin cuz I thought that stealth was one of its combat options but boy was I wrong, it is clearly the only way to do decent damage and keep going into stealth pisses me off.

Warlock is the only one that seemed flashy cool out of all classes but can't use it. what to do?

my main reason for this post was to see if anyone had any pvp or pve footage of warlock after the recent nerf? I searched on YT but couldn't find any that was of Korean gameplay..?

Assassins have more uses besides pure backstab spam. You can tank ranged attacks with smoke, save people or move mobs away from your party with lotus and use a lot of skills that require good timing (Shadow Dance, Backflip, etc).

And even if your focus is pure dps you can do more damage by alternating between the stealth combo > stack poison > backstab/dark strike combo > stealth again. I'm yet to get bored when playing this way.

You are most likely building your skill tree/playing incorrectly  You can make it so you are literally in stealth 100% of the time, assuming you know how to watch your poison stacks and how to reduce the CD on hook kick on top of positioning.  This is of course assuming you are targeting mobs/bosses from behind (which you should be doing anyways) and know how to make full use of backstep+Shadow dash if your Tab and poisons/landmine is on cooldown.  Look up some builds and practice, It's incredibly fun to play once you master staying in stealth for the entirety of a fight.

When we get hongmoon skills non-stealth dps becomes viable using venom slash to maintain 5 poison stacks to make heart stab instant.  I believe it's higher damage if you have sufficient crit because you're using dark strike instead of lightning crash, but of course it's riskier.

6 minutes ago, Gald said:

You are most likely building your skill tree/playing incorrectly  You can make it so you are literally in stealth 100% of the time, assuming you know how to watch your poison stacks and how to reduce the CD on hook kick on top of positioning.  This is of course assuming you are targeting mobs/bosses from behind (which you should be doing anyways) and know how to make full use of backstep+Shadow dash if your Tab and poisons/landmine is on cooldown.  Look up some builds and practice, It's incredibly fun to play once you master staying in stealth for the entirety of a fight.

Yeah, I do utilize the perma-stealth ability on bosses and I have the best assassin skill tree configuration, but that's is not the point. I'm just saying that the class is "boring" to play with, meaning that exploiting the perma-stealth ability is so annoying while other classes have different "fancy" abilities, all you see is the black outline of yourself and lightning slashes...there are different combos and abilities but they do like complete shiiit dps so why even use it. on the other hand, warlock class is looks sick with all these fancy abilities like the twin dragons and the armored ghosts lol

2 minutes ago, TooSiik said:

Yeah, I do utilize the perma-stealth ability on bosses and I have the best assassin skill tree configuration, but that's is not the point. I'm just saying that the class is "boring" to play with, meaning that exploiting the perma-stealth ability is so annoying while other classes have different "fancy" abilities, all you see is the black outline of yourself and lightning slashes...there are different combos and abilities but they do like complete shiiit dps so why even use it. on the other hand, warlock class is looks sick with all these fancy abilities like the twin dragons and the armored ghosts lol

To each their own I guess, I personally find the class a lot of fun, currently using the lightning pierce build.  Have fun with whatever you decide on.

Archived