The Way of the Summoner: Part 1

MishaCollins

So I hit the V and I hit the C like it says I'm supposed to do and nothing happens except for a lot of auto attacking. Doesn't seem to have any effect at all.  In fact it doesn't seem to matter what I do it has no effect. It doesn't count the strike or anything like that. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do and the directions it gives don't really help. So at the moment my character is basically stuck in the same area as the Masked Hongmoon. I can't go anywhere else. I can run around the area and drop the agro. But it doesn't really matter. I don't think I'm resetting it. When I go back to try to see if I can get it to count it has no effect and my cat thing just continues to auto attack and nothing happens. What exactly am I missing out on? Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait for something specific to happen? I assume I can't reset this. So what exactly am I supposed to do from this point when nothing I do has any effect at all?

Firstly, are you reading the instructions that appear on your HUD, or on the quest tracker? Generally the HUD are the instructions you want to do. 

Secondly, to reset the quest, you either leave the instance, or abandon the quest. Abandoning the quest will give you the option to accept the quest again.

6 minutes ago, Aria Kyu said:

Firstly, are you reading the instructions that appear on your HUD, or on the quest tracker? Generally the HUD are the instructions you want to do. 

Secondly, to reset the quest, you either leave the instance, or abandon the quest. Abandoning the quest will give you the option to accept the quest again.

I'm doing what it says to do "Use Anklebiter 'V' to Knock Down the Masked Hongmoon, then use Strike 'C'." I do exactly what it says to do and it doesn't count toward anything. Is there an exact moment when you're supposed to do it? Like are you supposed to do it when they're low and that counts or doesn't it matter? Both skills have a cool down so everytime the cool down is up I hit them in order as it says to do. No effect. I get her down in health and do them both. No effect. I literally cast nothing else but those two in order. No effect. I'm at a loss as to what the point of this is quest is.

Just now, Aria Kyu said:

You send your cat to attack your opponent first, than you do the combo. If the quest isn't picking it up, I would abandon and retry.

I suppose restarting it at this point would be the best option. I was unaware the cat creature had to attack first. All right, thank you for your help!

Archived