NCSOFT broke BnS

Makonia

Well it seems another maintenance has yet again broke the client. Try to load in and get a crash report after the logo. Last time they broke it changing your "use chroma keyboard" from 'y' to 'n' in the configuration file worked. This time i've tried a complete reinstall, enabling all Razer programs (some forum posts said it worked), checking the clientconfiguration.xml file to see if anything was out of place, also tried every "fix" people on the forums were saying worked for them and still the game crashes. When is NCSOFT gonna give some recognition to the fact they broke the client with this last maintenance and make a post stating they are working on a fix for it? You can only beat a dead horse for so long before growing tired of it....

Last time I had this issue (Headstart 15-minute crashing), I did the following:

For everyone having consistent crashes (Within 10-25 minutes of logging in), follow these steps.

Step 1: Access your local disc

Step 2: Program Files (X86) > NCSoft > BnS

Step 3: Delete the entire "bin" folder.

Step 4: Run the patcher and click repair files. Your bin files will be reinstated with clean ones and lacking any bugged or left over files.

Step 5 (Optional): Turn off Chroma Settings in game.

Step 6: Enjoy.

18 minutes ago, BeardedBourbon said:

Last time I had this issue (Headstart 15-minute crashing), I did the following:

For everyone having consistent crashes (Within 10-25 minutes of logging in), follow these steps.

Step 1: Access your local disc

Step 2: Program Files (X86) > NCSoft > BnS

Step 3: Delete the entire "bin" folder.

Step 4: Run the patcher and click repair files. Your bin files will be reinstated with clean ones and lacking any bugged or left over files.

Step 5 (Optional): Turn off Chroma Settings in game.

Step 6: Enjoy.

Deleting the bin folder would delete the launcher.

Just now, BeardedBourbon said:

There is your NCWest and NCSoft folder. The primary components for the launcher are in NCWest.

You delete the bin folder in NCSoft>BnS

Ah I see. I thought the client application was the launcher. Will give it a shot.

I picked up something that worked for me, unsure if it'll work for others. It's only for those with Synapse, though. Yes, yes. "IT'S NOT RAZER!!!" 

I was on the same boat, but I'm pretty sure it is. Cause it's working for me now.

Turn Razer Synapse ON. Yes, on.
Launch B&S. It is more than likely going to work. 
When you get to the pin screen, open up your task manager, go to services, find your "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and stop it.

Play the game.

I went through a million different things for 5 hours to try and get the game to launch without giving me an error code, and it was this that fixed it for me.

Will there be another game crashing update to fix this one tomorrow? 

Probably. But at least I got my dailies done.

if your running razor, have chroma SDK service running when you launch the game, once its loaded and your in to char selection then turn it off.

also if you haven't disabled Chroma in game settings change the config file in Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml search for use-Chroma and replace the y with n alternatively ingame settings under camera its located down the bottom somewhere

Archived