Abysmal performance issues.

FriskyGuillotine

hola,

so, before I downloaded this game I checked on Can You Run It and it said my computer could run at the minimum and recommended settings. on settings 3-4 sometimes it gives around 40 fps, while it will randomly tank to 10-15. it's playable for the most part, but in dungeons like the Narrows it goes to complete trash

CPU i5 3210M @ 2.50Ghz 2.50 Ghz
8GB RAM
nVIDIA GeForce 610M 2GB/Intel HD 4000

I know it's old and kind of junk, so I want to know if perhaps I don't meet the requirements after all. Games like Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn run at around 40fps average on medium settings, without the random tanks and I THINK those games look like they are more demanding.

What I have tried so far:
updating drivers
forcing the BnS Client to use the GPU instead of the integrated 
adjusting graphics settings (this apparently does nothing?? I can set it all to 5s without all the extra post processing bits/AA and it doesn't seem to decrease the FPS by much)

Well, first of all, the game is poorly optimized. Pretty much everyone agrees on this. Even high end rigs can end up dropping down to 30 FPS and below so don't feel too bad about it. Second of all, if you're running on Windows 10 that might be the issue since the game isn't currently supported by Windows 10. Common issues with running Win10 are crashing, stuttering, lag spikes, and overall FPS instability. Not everyone experiences these issues, but most people say that the game runs much smoother on Windows 7/8. I'm currently about to downgrade/upgrade to Windows 7 ^.^ If it's not an OS problem, then it's most likely your GPU.

Just now, FriskyGuillotine said:

Hmm. I am on Windows 10 (forgot to add that).  Are there any workarounds or do I need to hope for support?

The only workaround is to hope and wait for a Windows 10 support update; but, who knows when that will be? You can try running the game in compatibility mode with Windows 7/8. You can do this by going to the BnS icon on your desktop, right-clicking it and going down to properties, then going to the compatibility tab.

Archived