New player/blademaster

SirValic

Hi, I'm pretty new to blade and soul but have done enough reading to understand the gear/pvp system works. The main issue I'm having is that every guide I look up is either outdated or doesn't give any true help. For example, I've looked up guides on blademasters and how they're supposed to play, combo, etc.... All I keep finding are videos of pvp/pve and builds. I'd also like to know how to pvp, despite that I'm only currently level 18... I feel like  I'm missing a lot of skills for my class, I have a skill named "Crash" that can only be used on airbourne enemies.... but when I use sparrow to launch into the air.. it doesn't pop up? Overall I'd like some explanations on how to pvp as a blademaster early levels and maybe how to pve as well. Speaking of pve... I also feel like I'm 6 levels behind everyone all the time. I'll be at some areas with my story quest and I'll only be levle 16, while everyone around me is level 18-22.... Is there a lot of backtracking for this game or something? And does glide/flying get any faster?... Any tips overall would be helpful here, because leveling is taking me ages and teaches me nothing on how to use my skills. I've been through all the purple quests and those taught me everything.... AFTER I already learned how to use the skills lol. So yeah x.x halp?

A lot of skills are conditional. To be quite honest, it's all just too complicated for me. I'm an older guy with slow reflexes and not so good memory anymore so memorizing all those different conditions and which buttons do what during each condition is just too much for me to learn and keep track of so I stick to PvE where I can at least learn patterns and how to counter/react to them. People, especially young sharp minds with lightning reflexes, are just too good for me to even stand a chance in PvP anymore. lol

Good luck though, and just keep track of what new skills you get as you level up. Try them out on PvE mobs to try and perfect their uses.

I Try my best to explain

In terms of being underleveled : A lot of people go back to starter/beginner zones so they get an edge for PvPing that may be the reason, also, when you get to the first city (i think its jade or bamboo village (not sure for that matter) you should be around 15-ish 16-ish

Speed of leveling : Define leveling taking ages, if i make a new character and ignore PvP and just focus on speed questing i mostly hit lvl 15 in 2 to 3 hours.

Combos and gameplay for BM : This is really for all classes to apply : There is no suited ''how to play'' way simply because everyone does have a different play style and with soo many options how to open-advance-end combat that its really not needed, also the game provides some basic combos in the class tutorial / quests , also some classes are more combo heavy then others, with Assassin and KFM leading and BM/SMN (note. this may not apply to everyone since i never really got into those 2) being at the end (They still can put up a lot of combos) also this game is HEAVY player skill/ping oriented in the 1 vs 1 scene soo it really depends how good YOU can be, and no guide will help you ever there, since it may say you : Use skill X when Player Y is using skill A. and there is the problem, the combat is soo fast paced that you not really have time to know what skill is being used (oke trolling Assassins while they use stealth in hopes to get you, and you all of sudden stop attacking and they just waste it and you see them looking at you with the : Well *cricket* : face its really worth it xD )

Also a good way of practicing combos is to do Dungeons solo and practice on the bosses (you can train : Blocking timing, Evansion, How-to Burst damage between boss animations.

Glide/Flying : Dunno, but i think im quite sure they wont get faster.

I hope this at the least awnsers some of your questions.

2 minutes ago, Taywen said:

A lot of skills are conditional. To be quite honest, it's all just too complicated for me. I'm an older guy with slow reflexes and not so good memory anymore so memorizing all those different conditions and which buttons do what during each condition is just too much for me to learn and keep track of so I stick to PvE where I can at least learn patterns and how to counter/react to them. People, especially young sharp minds with lightning reflexes, are just too good for me to even stand a chance in PvP anymore. lol

Good luck though, and just keep track of what new skills you get as you level up. Try them out on PvE mobs to try and perfect their uses.

^ That, also, PvP is heavy ping heavy, so no matter how good you are, if you fight against lets say a good KFM who has a ping of 5-80 and you having a ping of 170-300 > Lol nope, no chance in the world you gonna beat them even as a pro.

It's taken me about 2-3 days to hit level 18...

Idk, whenever I fight a kung fu master or anything... it seems like they can grab me asap, I even question the point of blocking in pvp sometimes because I always find someone breaking through it. They also don't explain the difference between blindside on Q or E(figured it out though, it's just diff stance) and why you'd use each stance. I mean I have my own combos for pve atm but they seem utterly useless for pvp when I'm fighting a kung fu master or destroyer. I feel like I'm missing something or there's something I'm not doing right when I play. Like the only on the start stuns I have is a knock down and boot which can only stun if the opponent casts. I have a dash attack stun but can't use it unless I can afford to use stamina... which you can't if you're already in battle. I guess what I'd like to know is what exactly I should be doing in pvp after I've engaged someone. There's times where I can't pan my camera cuz I think a force master rooted me or something, then times where I'm grabbed and nothing let's me break out of it. I read online blademasters are supposedly really good for pvp but idk why that is. I'm not new to action mmo's like this and my connection is fine, so lag or lack of concentration isn't an issue. It's more-so an understand of how to be a blademaster that I don't see yet for pvp. Like how to combo someone endlessly until they hit 0 like I've been reading about, or how to counter classes after they've gotten the jump on you... Like you said, all the skills I have are very situational... and I can't tell when some classes are casting or when they're able to be stunned/countered or what I can block from what goes through it.

EDIT: my ping ranges from 50-100, 100 being a random burst on a really bad day out of no where for a short time lol.

19 minutes ago, SirValic said:

It's taken me about 2-3 days to hit level 18...

Idk, whenever I fight a kung fu master or anything... it seems like they can grab me asap, I even question the point of blocking in pvp sometimes because I always find someone breaking through it. They also don't explain the difference between blindside on Q or E(figured it out though, it's just diff stance) and why you'd use each stance. I mean I have my own combos for pve atm but they seem utterly useless for pvp when I'm fighting a kung fu master or destroyer. I feel like I'm missing something or there's something I'm not doing right when I play. Like the only on the start stuns I have is a knock down and boot which can only stun if the opponent casts. I have a dash attack stun but can't use it unless I can afford to use stamina... which you can't if you're already in battle. I guess what I'd like to know is what exactly I should be doing in pvp after I've engaged someone. There's times where I can't pan my camera cuz I think a force master rooted me or something, then times where I'm grabbed and nothing let's me break out of it. I read online blademasters are supposedly really good for pvp but idk why that is. I'm not new to action mmo's like this and my connection is fine, so lag or lack of concentration isn't an issue. It's more-so an understand of how to be a blademaster that I don't see yet for pvp. Like how to combo someone endlessly until they hit 0 like I've been reading about, or how to counter classes after they've gotten the jump on you... Like you said, all the skills I have are very situational... and I can't tell when some classes are casting or when they're able to be stunned/countered or what I can block from what goes through it.

EDIT: my ping ranges from 50-100, 100 being a random burst on a really bad day out of no where for a short time lol.

No chance in hell you gonna combo someone endlessly until they reach 0, since there are CC breakers. also, i suggest a different class and see how that one plays out,

2 minutes ago, SirValic said:

I just remember reading somewhere how good they are at taking a target down to near death .-. I wanna know how.. Do I have all my basic skills I need for pvp or is there some essentials I haven't gotten yet as being level 18?

That and Open world PVP 1 vs 1 does not work like the Arena 1 vs 1 since in Open world PVP is really level and gear oriented, and as far i rerember, PVP gets fun at around lvl 30 no matter what class you play, and also it comes down what ''talents'' you use in the skill tree ''K'' by default.

I see, how minimal of a level gap can you be to stand a chance in open world pvp? Like say if someone's 15 and sees a 20... do they stand a chance? or what if they're 19, or 18.. so on and so fourth. How does it all scale for leveling? And when should I see my more commonly used skills show up? I don't even know what talents I want to build in because I feel like I'm missing a lot of essentials...

Well, if you are ''God-Like'' then you can beat a lvl 20 as a lvl 15, the closer the levels together and you cant beat them no matter what the more you have lack of actual skill

Also > Gear > Hongmoon Sword lvl 5 vs lvl 10 huge ass difference :C also around lvl 15, there is the next breakthrough and that gap is massive between pre 10 and past 10

I actually just brokethrough my hongmoon wep but.... idk what do from here, I'm 18. Also I think my other problem is that there's no manual way to change stances.... So I can't test or try out moves in my draw sword stance without either A. the mob dies too fast to test the combo... B. it's actually capable of killing m. Are blademasters supposed to be this limited? To needing to use a skill to transfer to that stance? Really makes it complicated to block if every time I try to get into draw stance, I need to immediately block while in it.. this wasting the skill I used to get into draw stance in the first place :I

Archived