Force Master general combat (PvE)

csisy

Hey

I have some problems with the "forced-melee" and the group of enemies.

The "combo" I used was a simple repeated use of RMB-LBM and maybe using 1 to detonate embers for faster clearing. For groups I used 3 (group freeze) then 2 with T3S1. Most of the time repeating the "RMB - LMB" 2 or 3 times was enough to kill the mobs. I used RMB T3S1 so I could freeze them.

I know that I can achieve higher DPS with RMB T3S2 but the chill debuff means that the enemies cannot use their movement skills (except for the blade master, I don't know why) and can be frozen. Also I could use 2 T3S3 but with that I would lost the AoE potential. However I cannot chill more than 1 enemy with 1 cast which can be a problem.

I'm currently lvl39 at the Lycan area. Until lvl30-35 I didn't have any problem with leveling up solo but at this area, there aren't any solo enemy. If I hit one of them, the other just start running to kill me. Or shooting from the distance. For example the wolf/archer or the destroyer/rifleman combo. I really have to chill the melee first, then kill the ranged one while taking care of blocking (with 1 T1S1) or dodgeing (Q, E or SS, but they have 16s cd) the projectiles. And if they hit me, it hurts. A lot. Don't say the fact that I can aggro some more groups accidently. :)

I can see other classes killing them with ease. I've already played a BM in the russian version and it was much more easier - able to block, dodge more often (8 sec cd or something...), and generally lower cd on abilities.

I'm sure that I suck but this could be the FM's problem as well. Can you guys help me with some tips, maybe a good video of handling multiple enemies without taking (too much) damage?

P.S.:
I'm thinking of playing a summoner instead who has a "built-in" melee tank (the cat) but still ranged.

Archived