How do I defeat a destroyer?

JoHighnes

Just to start off, this is not an "destroyer OP Q_Q" post, but a will to learn. I really want to know how to counter them as a blademaster.

The normal spin is no problem, it's just to knock them down on the floor. However they have this huge yellow spin that:

1) Moves faster than me (60% speed buff when my backstep only gives 30%?)

2) Staggers me
3) Makes them immune to CC

4) Lasts through half of my hp

5) Lasts even longer if I hit them during it

6) Completely ignores block and parry

Even if I backstep out of it and just run away, they catch up with me due to superior speed, or just pause, get to me, and resume it.

How do I counter a destroyer as a blademaster?

When a destroyer jumps down in the middle of a group of people and start spinning, is it really just a battle of gear? Nothing we can do to stop him except try to outburst him?

They cant be faster than you. You can usualy simply run away and waste his skill.

Unless he skilled for damage/duration instead of cc immunity. But then again you can simply cc him out of it.

If its cc immunity you can walk out of it.

If its not you can cc him out of it.

Destro can't be faster than player with "Red Spin" aka Typhoon.
They can only move -30% speed or normal speed depending on their build.
Secondly it doesn't last longer if you hit them while they are spinning
And from what you say about stagger (stun i assume) build, Typhoon has 1min CD with that setup,
which means that if you SS or disengage them, they need to leap, charge, pull you you back. That already puts their Typhoon on CD and they can't continue it.

4 hours ago, Bakstabbah said:

Destro can't be faster than player with "Red Spin" aka Typhoon.
They can only move -30% speed or normal speed depending on their build.
Secondly it doesn't last longer if you hit them while they are spinning
And from what you say about stagger (stun i assume) build, Typhoon has 1min CD with that setup,
which means that if you SS or disengage them, they need to leap, charge, pull you you back. That already puts their Typhoon on CD and they can't continue it.

Yep, best thing to do is x2 S out of red Typhoon if CC does not work, if he has a CC immunity it got a -30% speed so its slow and 1 min CD. If he's good he will kill you either way :P but if he's spin to win type you have a good chance  :D

I have one as main, so I know them and they are hard to fight they have ton of CC and a lot of HP back skills, you don't want to have a long fight with them or they will crush you slowly while getting his HP back. Try just burst dps and escape, burst and escape try to keep pressure and stay in mid range. Either way if you fight me I will Destroy you :P

Archived