pvp feature: make "full service" faction towns..

Kurobon

The fact that "full service" (all vendors/bank) towns are all shared faction means people can't practically just leave on their PVP gear.

It would be AWESOME, if there was one decently-protected full-service town for each of Crimson and Cerulean. Then those of us who want to "live full time PVP" can use that town as our home base and never take off the outfit.

Agreed?

I think this would be a GREAT idea, but only if they made it so that PVP is ALWAYS on, even if you didnt have the faction uniform on.

IMO, 1 town per area (viridian coast, cinderlands, etc) that was a no-pvp zone, but any other place was 100% pvp on.

okay, that is not going to happen. that would be a 100% pvp game, which 90% of users don't want.

My suggestion is trying to solve the problem that even the people who want to PVP don't practically leave their pvp outfit on in town, because you can be commonly attacked while in a dialog with a vendor. If there were a full-service faction town, I would leave my pvp outfit on all the time, and use that town as my home base. (though it would then also be nice if there were some more pvp outfits, or maybe a pvp-accessory that flags you as pvp but lets you wear any outfit)

Well I think there is no solution to this that would make everyone happy. Having faction based towns, would mean, that the entire game has to be remade. Not gonna happen. Having PVP on ALL the time is, like Kurobon said, also something that most players would propably not wish for.

Right now, I'm actualy running around in my Crimson uniform all the time, and my experience has realy been not that bad. Players who outlevel me by a lot, leave me alone 99% of the time, in towns it realy depends, when I'm in town, I personaly tend not to attack everything on sight, unless someone attacks me (and I have time to react to it). However, I had this issue that I was killed while interacting with NPCs a few times and it's annoying, so my suggestion would rather be to make towns non-pvp areas in general, maybe? So everyone can go on and procede with his quests while stuff can pvp can be handled outside town. Right now spontaniously what comes into my mind as a counter arguement for this, would be player groups who lurk outside towns to just gank the crap out of the one unfortunate player of the opposing faction who leaves town in order to quest in the outside world and of course, the chances are higher to run into players from the opposing faction in towns then outside.

On the other hand, I rarely see players wearing their uniforms when not questing for PVP dailies in the first place, but I'm only lvl 29, so it might be, that it will change further into the game.

Archived