How to beat destroyer

Meoww

Hi.

I've been playing lots of 3v3 matches and sort of got a feeling of which classes are easy to beat, which are hard to beat and which you can't beat (just a feeling).

While summoner definetly is hard to beat (maybe impossible) with certain classes (I got the feeling bm is chanceless against sum) others can beat him easy (LBM, maybe destroyer).

From my 83 matches in 3o3 I never witnessed a single one where our combo (LBM, BM and Forcemaster or LBM, Sum & KFM) could beat a destroyer. Also in 1o1 I rarely win against destroyer.

I've read that LBM is a hard counter to destroyer, which suprises me because I play LBM myself and destroyer is the only one I can't 100% deal with.

After searching the web's for information on this class (knowing skills might help greatly) I would like to ask some people who know this game better or at least have a good strategy against destroyers in arena, because I can't find a solution for our dear spintowin nemesis.

Any LBM telling me how I destroy any destroyer would be much apreciated too.

Hey man I'm a blade dancer from Master Hong and I'm sitting currently just over 1800 working on that plat XD... But yeah man my advice for you as a LBM if you want to get ahead of the curve is to look into taking more advantage of your phantom grip and try not to rely on draw stance so much. Blade swarm is such an incredibly under rated skill and can really turn the tide of a fight.

As far as being defensive make sure your managing focus well and timing your spins in mixed patterns so it's harder for your opponent to time his jump. Guardian tempest is amazing. When they start spinning to win you can utilize dual strike with vacuum to disrupt them and remember you can phantom grip them during their spin.

Also make sure your spamming Q and E and back step as much as you can to disrupt there cc. Btw with a good ping you can actually Blindside their leap as they land. You can also do this to blade masters who try to scorpion pull you in and launch you.

Thank you.

I'm aware of phantom grips insanse strength and matchsetting potential, I'm abusing it as much as possible. Lately I most of the time encounter the situation where the enemy simply does not get grabbed. I guess they evade in the exact moment or something like that, I'm working on this.

I don't use drawstance "at all", I use it in the rare occassion where I get my enemy pinned into a stun to burst out the insane dmg it carries, which happens rarely.

Which spin do you use against destroyer? Parry or def up? I've been trying both and didn't really get the impression "thats the one"

I use the parry spin because when timed for anticipating their jump it will daze them and negate the stun :D but yeah it's preference really. It's only used for a defensive maneuver to buy you time for CDs so they can't stun you. And make sure if they are red spinning to get out of there. You can't cc them out of the .5sec like you can the normal cyclone. But it sounds like you got a good hold of things. Just practice and timing I suppose. I always feel like I need improvement. Good luck to you brother.

Archived