Kung Fu Master PvP Help

Ramirez77

So I'm not normally a big PvP guy in MMOs at all but I have started to do some sparring with my clan in game and have been trying to figure out how exactly to counter a force master. Since every time I fought my friend who plays one he absolutely demolishes me with freeze debuffs. I'm just curious what kind of counters I can even use to break freezing, I have tried Ice Guard which works until I get stuck behind it's 36 second cooldown, and backstepping which also helps but then I can just get freezed again and stuck in place while my friend gets behind me and destroys me. I noticed there is a skill in the KFM's arsenal called Emit Frost which claims to remove freeze but I have never once seen it pop up in my bar. I would love some help to be able to figure out how to be able to at least stand a decent chance against force masters, and I would appreciate any sort of help.

There's really not much you can do until you level further. The thing about KFM's are the fact they are in really need of skill points and literally planning where you put them. But as my own personal rule I changed my skills to PvP type when Sparring. When battling FM's or summoners you really need to time when to attack and when to use escape skills.

Second wind IMHO should be given some points if you want to escape. Although there might be better people who can teach you a better way since everyone has his/her own style and I'm still learning myself, hence I really can't say what I do will 100% work most specially on this current patch.

But I do know that what ever you do your most greatest opponent as a KFM is: Lag. :P

Well I'm currently level 42 at the moment so I am almost maxed with skill points and have been experimenting with various different skills. The only thing I really know from fighting my friend is that he doesn't have any sort of aerial recovery which is my only shot of getting any sort of damage in before the freeze takes place. One of my major questions though is about the skill Emit Frost which I swear doesn't do anything despite the fact it claims it can remove freeze and immobility which sounds like it would be perfect for a KFM vs FM match but I cannot find any way to use this skill.

Try using this tree.  Avoid getting snare as much as possible by getting in his face and sticking there.  Use q/e to slide around him and iframe his spells, it can also be used to escape the snare if he freezes you while he is too close to you.  If you iframe something it sets up triple kick to stun him, which is going to be your primary way to start combos.

When you inevitably do get snared use backstep to escape it and get back in close as fast as possible, either with the move that does and upcut that launches opponents (smite?), lmb after backstep, or rmb.  Use your tab that freezes you when you need a few seconds to wait out a snare or simply to get your gap closers back.

Make sure to utilize your block since you can avoid a lot of damage with it vs force masters.  Your gap closer on tab can also be used to start combos, though it is great as a combo extender as well.

This video does a great job of teaching you how your combo for damage works.  

The main thing to know is that whenever someone is stunned or dazed your main damage comes from pressing 3,R,F in a specific timing to animation cancel. You can chain your stuns to extend your time to continue 3RF'ing the victory. 

Hi,

I play KFM.  What i do when facing an FM is to use shadowdance a lot (left and right dodges: Q and E). FM actually will spam everything they got, and when you dodge you are sure to get a triple kick out of your shadowdance, stun them and do some damage, either by sending them in the air or by stunlocking them into a 3RF routine.

As Zaraku said, try to stick to them using your gap closer skills, dodge their attacks, triple kick them and go for the damage routine. when you are freezed, block as much as you can, put 2 points into your counter skill (left tree) in order to give you stun and daze immune after a successfull counter, it helps a lot.

Here's a 10 minutes video of some of my fights against FMs. Keep in mind please that i'm still learning how to play a KFM and what i do is probably not the best way to deal with them, but hey it works against average FM. Hope it helps you.

22 hours ago, Tojo said:

Hi,

I play KFM.  What i do when facing an FM is to use shadowdance a lot (left and right dodges: Q and E). FM actually will spam everything they got, and when you dodge you are sure to get a triple kick out of your shadowdance, stun them and do some damage, either by sending them in the air or by stunlocking them into a 3RF routine.

As Zaraku said, try to stick to them using your gap closer skills, dodge their attacks, triple kick them and go for the damage routine. when you are freezed, block as much as you can, put 2 points into your counter skill (left tree) in order to give you stun and daze immune after a successfull counter, it helps a lot.

Here's a 10 minutes video of some of my fights against FMs. Keep in mind please that i'm still learning how to play a KFM and what i do is probably not the best way to deal with them, but hey it works against average FM. Hope it helps you.

how many points u have in your q/e skills

20 minutes ago, Shukran said:

3/3 on Q E

try putting 2 points in S then.(friend told me)

that video is pre-level 45. should not shown as teaching instrument, imho.

Indeed, 3 points on Shadow dance is core for every fight.

And you're right Shukran Jazilan, the video is pre 45 and i lack almost all the cc skills of the KFM. That's why you see too much airborn combos.

A 45 KFM should use a cc chain (Rising dragon -> Tremor -> comet strike) instead of relying solely on airborn skills.

Archived