Suggestions - GM please read.

EbonYxi

This game is amazing, and there's only a few things I would suggest to make the experience smoother and more immersive, but as I haven't seen too many posts about this but have HEARD plenty, I wanted to make a suggestion for future consideration of longer in game chat post lengths and the ability to have custom emotes (see Wildstar, particularly with the Killroy addon.). I don't really care if this means opening up the UI to addon features, or if it would be a simple change in the game and code, but it would go a long way to helping people communicate and relate within the game. I myself am a roleplayer, however, even before getting into lengthy, descriptive posts, I am having to chop up everything I say to people in just regular day to day conversation because the chat post length is severely limited. I'm not sure if this is going to be adjusted going forward, but it would be sincerely appreciated if so. 

The bid system works for 'some,' but in most cases I have experienced in game, it is trolly, and spends too much time in the dungeon obsessing and fighting over little pieces of gear. People cannot transition into the next phase if they are interested in the gear, and if it is a difficult dungeon, that also means the rest of the group cannot progress even if only two people are left fighting over gear. It also promotes bad blood and competition between groups over loot, rather than an urge to work together for a chance at loot. Other MMOs frequently use the RNG dice roll system, and while that means one person gets loot and others do not, bosses usually provide some other manner of benefit to the rest of the party, be it simply cash (making farming dungeons more profitable in general), crafting materials, or just an individual random chance at a gem or something out of a chest. As is, you might get some money from all the bid wars, but the rest of the dungeon doesn't really give you any more. Bringing up the next suggestion.

I know you don't want everyone to be rolling in tons of gold mid way through the game, but I'd suggest ditching the bid system, and upping the money drops in dungeons just a little bit more. That way, it's still worth farming the dungeon even if you don't get the item you want or the weapon you're running for (while literally everything else in the dungeon is worthless to you because you've farmed it 20 times and the item you want won't drop or someone keeps dropping heaps of money on it. :|). This promotes actually wanting to group and work together, to get things done fast, because individual participation is all around rewarded, no matter how geared or developed your own character already is, as well. As is, my girlfriend and I have done several dungeons, got our weapons, and immediately went "Eh, we'll come back for xx item when we're high level and don't need anyone else."  

Also. The PVP in this game is spectacular, except for one glaring point until you hit endgame. Please do something about targeting and high levels purposefully jumping into lowbie questing areas and hiding amongst the normal leveled characters there to gank lowbies. I know that ganking is a regular thing in most MMOs, but in most MMOs it is also remarkably easy to see when a max level is running dead at you so you know to get the hell out. In BnS, there is literally no time (or in many cases opportunity) to see a 45 or several 45s fighting maniacally in a group of lowbies while you think there is legit pvp going on. This may seem like a minor thing since you can die (which already ticks you off) and auto-remove your uniform. However, for those who come into the game and are keenly interested in it for World PVP, this is a massive (and disgusting turn off) right from the beginning of the game. There should be some manner of deterrent or segregation in that situation. I understand that NCSoft is not the original developer, but the adapter of this port to NA, but some mention of this should be made in the hopes that something will be done to resolve it. There are already too many discouragements to people who can't get in to the game for hours and thusly been leveling slowly, than having high levels jump them and ambush them constantly for lulz.

Archived