Recommended System Requirements

tinkerchel

"Often manufacturers of games will provide the consumer with a set of requirements that are different from those that are needed to run a software. These requirements are usually called the Recommended Requirements. These requirements are almost always of a significantly higher level than the minimum requirements, and represent the ideal situation in which to run the software. Generally speaking this is a better guideline than minimum system requirements in order to have a fully usable and enjoyable experience with a software." -Wikipedia

BnS recommended:

• Intel Quad Core / AMD Phenom II X4
  • 4GB or above RAM
  • nVidia Geforce 8800GT / AMD Radeon HD4850
  • 22GB or above Storage
  • Win 7 & DirectX 9.0c

I want to buy a new laptop very soon and depending on how well I can run BnS (and some other light games) on it, I will decide which one.

I'm currently looking at some laptops with GTX 940m/950m/960m gpus and some quadcore cpus from Intel (Skylake).

I assume I could run BnS on a 940m since its more powerful than a 8800GT, but does it actually perform well? Can I trust reaching the recommended system requirements is enough to have a decent gaming experience (around 60fps except in crowded places)? or should I take on the likes of the 950m or even 960m? Anyone has any experience with the mentioned gpus? Unfortunately I cannot find any BnS benchmarks which show fps online. So I hope some of you can help me with this. 

I'm sure that actually with GPU above 8800gt/hd4850 it's not possible to play at that fps. U will just get bottlenecked CPU assuming that u are buying a i5 skylake, because 940m is just not that good for gaming. U should consider on what resolution will u play on, at 1366x768 u'll should get the 60fps on gtx950m.

Archived