Assassin vs Summoner

BnServerdown

CC summoner while killing the pet ur stealth 1 without talent points do long cc (knock down pet> trap pet> counter summoner> 1> back to pet. How do you deal with destroyers ? They just spin and I cant get any cc if i get any they tab>stun>berserk>and spam lmb rmb for 2k each until berserk is down ( I dont have tab because it goes down few sec after game start otherwise I would be dead without a fight)

@Knisheffy02 against zerkers you will want to disengage every time they engage unless you can guaranteed get a stun>air combo off. The mindset to have is to win via points at the end of the round off combos. If you can kill, great, but play it safe. 

Use your stealths smart. You have lots of means of stealth and stunning, so don't overcommit on an opener you can retry in a couple seconds. 

Most of the time I find that rmb/f spamming will get you in trouble. Cut and run strictly, don't get hit. Straight to the stun, don't min/max anything. 

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

3 hours ago, Thathippoguy said:

@Knisheffy02 against zerkers you will want to disengage every time they engage unless you can guaranteed get a stun>air combo off. The mindset to have is to win via points at the end of the round off combos. If you can kill, great, but play it safe. 

Use your stealths smart. You have lots of means of stealth and stunning, so don't overcommit on an opener you can retry in a couple seconds. 

Most of the time I find that rmb/f spamming will get you in trouble. Cut and run strictly, don't get hit. Straight to the stun, don't min/max anything. 

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

How do I open vs destro?(rmb from sprint is not an option) Do I let him charge me then SS ? but then I still dont deal dmg outside of poison and he will spin so I wont get any cc of. eventualy he will deal more dmg from charges only and win at the end of round. T.T this class...when i see destro on arena 1v1 I wish I've rolled FM

@Knisheffy02 You'll want to open a lot of different ways. It all depends on the situation. If they're spamming spin, you can time a stealth 3 for stun between spins like you would on a BD, and 1 from there for another stealth/stun/air combo. A lot of it, though, is just escaping and taking those few chances at a LMB stun. 

For example, he jumps at you, you 2 counter it, stealth. Back off for a sec because he's going to either pull you in or whirlwind, cut in and LMB him and immediately kick him into the air for a LMB>TAB>Z and wait. Put your V down during this time, and throw a 4 at him. Explode the bomb as he lands, if he stays down 1 for a stealth (if you got behind him) and see if you can stun again off that. It's just stuff like that, play off stuns. If he catches you, he will kill you. 

As for avoiding, your counter works on both jumps and charges. Don't worry about damage too much, your goal is to win off score. 95% of the time assassin combos will win score. SS if you think he's gonna jump or charge in and you don't have your 2. If he's being idle and waiting for charge cd you can TAB>1 him for stealth/stun. Just because you're playing for combo points doesn't mean you can't take advantage of him for damage.

As a summoner (I've played all the classes on other servers), I kind of intuitively know the weaknesses of summoners. Fought 3 people (tag team), one being another summoner, had no trouble because I could take advantage of their weaknesses but they didn't understand how to take advantage of mine.

Assassin's main specialty is stealth attacks. However, that doesn't mean be predicable. I had one Assassin try to kill me by doing a stealth back attack. Every single time it was available. So soon as they do the stealth attack, I immediately spun around and threw an aoe behind me, catching them instantly.  Summoner heals require being in range and summoners have no dash-in skills. This means that their only thing close to a dash-in is their backstep if they turn around.

Also, realize that when in stealth mode, you are extremely visible (at least for me). Don't run around thinking you can't be seen. You are like this giant moving target sign. You can't be hit by target attacks, but aoe attacks will hit you.

Know when to go in and when to back off. This isn't really something that can be taught.

Also, there are two main ways to really weaken a summoner. First way is to cc the summoner and go for the cat. The second way is to do the opposite. Stun the cat and go for the summoner.  The summoner is easier to kill.

Destroyers can be annoying. They will spin and spin and spin. This makes getting in close difficult. That is why instead of focusing on closing in, focus on pokes. Whittle them away each time there is an opening. You see them using a dash-in at you? Find a way to back off because they WILL spin if they are a normal player. If you can counter their dash-in and stun them? Great, get in there and beat them down. If you can't? Back off. Don't focus on dash-ins against them unless you are very good at timing things.

Archived