Low FPS despite good setup

Orthiad

Hi everyone.

First of all, my setup:

Intel Core i5 - 4690K

AMD Radeon R9 390 (already tried OC'ing via Catalyst, didn't change anything)

8GB Kingston HyperX RAM

Game is installed on SSD

Should be able to run BnS without any major problems, but no matter what settings i choose, the game seems to be locked between 19-25 FPS.

I switched all settings to 1, tried windowed mode and even set the res to 800x600. Nothing changed, the frames kept in this area.

Google and forum searches led nowhere, so maybe someone knows how to fix this ? GPU/CPU usage never went above 30% usage and RAM is at about 65% with game running

That AMD card is basically the same speed as my work laptop's Nvidia 960 GTX.  This game is NOT optimized as well for AMD, you also didn't tell us if you are using Windows 10 with a good SSD; two huge things that can make or break the game for you.

Work laptop runs at Quality Setting 2 or 3 and achieves 60 FPS in open areas at 1600x900.

Resolution is also a big deal too, your PC can't handle anything greater than 1920x1080.

My SSD is a SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB.

Yea, im running Win10.

I'm aware of the resolution limit, but i expected to be able to run BnS on 1080p @at least 40-60 FPS, and not 19-25. Also, changing resolutions did exactly nothing. No matter what settings setup i tried, it did not change from that frame of 19-25

You should technically be getting 40FPS at Quality 2 or 3.... I have a buddy with an AMD card that is in the same boat as you :(.  Not sure if this game uses Nvidia tech but it certainly favors that brand in its current state.

Well... seems like I have to deal with it then, at least for now.

The only thing about it that really bothers me is the fact that there is not a single frame increase even when set to the lowest possible settings :/

Seems like I just got it fixed. In my Radeon Settings thing it was set to "Override game settings". Disabled it, set the Graphics ingame and now it runs perfectly on everything maxed except shadow quality set to 1. Never dropped below 55 FPS yet, even infight

3 minutes ago, Orthiad said:

Seems like I just got it fixed. In my Radeon Settings thing it was set to "Override game settings". Disabled it, set the Graphics ingame and now it runs perfectly on everything maxed except shadow quality set to 1. Never dropped below 55 FPS yet, even infight

I'll have to add that I don't think Catalyst is a good software for game settings or overclocking. So far, RadeonPro has done a way better job for me in that regard, and Afterburner for OC.

Archived