Differences Between Races?

Cesura

Does picking your race actually matter aside from the exclusive classes like Assassin/Destroyer?

Even aesthetically? 

Aside from the Lyn who obviously stand out with drastic physical diferences, while playing around with the character creator, I couldn't tell the difference between a Gon, Yun, and Jin female at all. It's like the only difference is your max/min height range. There seem to be no obvious defining traits between races appearance wise (Again, aside from Lyn) besides Gon are tall. Usually. A minimum height Gon then is indistinguishable from a Yun or Jin character unless they're lugging around an axe.

Unless I'm missing something? Or there's racial skills or something? There's a couple race-locked outfits from browsing the wardrobe but that seems to be it. 

Edit:

After making a second character, I've figured out a couple of the differences

Main thing is that the same outfit looks completely different on people of different races, (Not for every outfit though) Gon have the skimpiest variations of most everything. 

The hairstyle pool shifts around just a little bit, which honestly feels a bit pointless. 

Some animations are different, particularly Idle ones. 

(This is probably old info for a lot of people, but before starting the game I tried to find newbie guides and such and none of it talked about those specific kinds of details, which is the stuff I'd typically like to know rolling a character in a new game) 

Archived