Dealing with Grapples as A Class Without (I'm Assassin)

Roxysox

So yes, this is a serious question, as I find I can beat everything aside from classes with Grapples. So how in the world as an Assassin, do I beat them either before they grapple me, or before I die? I usually get out with around 1/2 HP, so I can still do some damage, but I somehow get chain-grappled and just cannot get out of it. Yeah, I have abilities that I can use to damage them while they grapple me, but they don't do as much as my others.

Any advice, Assassin players?

I am level 10 i have beaten level 17 assassin (solo) and i have demolished most of the other classes. I hate having to deal with summoners, but use your number 2 and time it, following by number 1 into a stun and finally end it with tab (AOE). As a level 10 that's my basic combo, or tab > 1> right mouse click > 4> 3. As an assassin try to stay out of their line of sight and kill them from behind. When they are stunned you deal more damage. I have had situations where I had 100/600 hp but i turned around and 100 to 0 them within the stun lock. Once again, this is something that works for me, and I have a naga which makes it easier.

3 minutes ago, Shinkeiro said:

I am level 10 i have beaten level 17 assassin (solo) and i have demolished most of the other classes. I hate having to deal with summoners, but use your number 2 and time it, following by number 1 into a stun and finally end it with tab (AOE). As a level 10 that's my basic combo, or tab > 1> right mouse click > 4> 3. As an assassin try to stay out of their line of sight and kill them from behind. When they are stunned you deal more damage. I have had situations where I had 100/600 hp but i turned around and 100 to 0 them within the stun lock. Once again, this is something that works for me, and I have a naga which makes it easier.

Yeah, I'm running the Naga Epic at the moment, and I find combos easier to initiate because I don't have to reach for keys, but thing is, I've been dominated somehow even when I've used tab>1>1>right click>4>3. I've been stomped after tab before somehow, and they're supposed to be temp stunned.

12 hours ago, Roxysox said:

So yes, this is a serious question, as I find I can beat everything aside from classes with Grapples. So how in the world as an Assassin, do I beat them either before they grapple me, or before I die? I usually get out with around 1/2 HP, so I can still do some damage, but I somehow get chain-grappled and just cannot get out of it. Yeah, I have abilities that I can use to damage them while they grapple me, but they don't do as much as my others.

Any advice, Assassin players?

Word of advice, you can't beat everyone in player skill wise or class wise. Looks like assassin going to get a nerf if players keep over using it and saying I can beat every class but one.

6 minutes ago, JCole said:

Word of advice, you can't beat everyone in player skill wise or class wise. Looks like assassin going to get a nerf if players keep over using it and saying I can beat every class but one.

Early levels, yes, we can beat just about every class. Now that I'm beginning to hit the higher levels, I'm finding difficulty in killing more classes. Summoners, for example are tough for me, KFM's, Blade Dancers. It's not really a balance thing, as it is a skill thing. I am unskilled and I understand that, but honestly, those binds last way too long, and as a mobile class, we should at least get one more way to be mobile if we need it OUT of a grapple.

As an Assassin, if you spec your Tab (Stealth) 2 points in, you can use it to escape from all grapples. If you got some Destroyer holding you up while his teammates going in for the kill, just tab out and either re-position yourself or run away. Assassin has very big survivability in Open World PvP because you can just use the mobs around you to stealth away and escape.

Then you also have your flower (V) that you can spec 3 points in to get you out of stuns, dazes, etc. If there's one thing we're not missing, it's escape options. When level 50 and hongmoon comes around, your flower will also get you out of grapple, but at the moment Tab should serve you well.

2 hours ago, Flax said:

As an Assassin, if you spec your Tab (Stealth) 2 points in, you can use it to escape from all grapples. If you got some Destroyer holding you up while his teammates going in for the kill, just tab out and either re-position yourself or run away. Assassin has very big survivability in Open World PvP because you can just use the mobs around you to stealth away and escape.

Then you also have your flower (V) that you can spec 3 points in to get you out of stuns, dazes, etc. If there's one thing we're not missing, it's escape options. When level 50 and hongmoon comes around, your flower will also get you out of grapple, but at the moment Tab should serve you well.

Thanks for the tips here. I figured there was a way and I was missing it, turns out I was right! Thank you!

Archived