Feeling Valued as a Customer

dayvekeem

When a big spender goes to Vegas to gamble, rooms are comped... drinks are on the house... and free show tickets are provided. Any complaints are addressed rather quickly. Why? Because this makes the spender feel great and provides an incentive for him to spend more.

Likewise, I am a pretty generous spender in f2p if I feel I'm going to commit a good amount of time into it in the future. F2P are my Vegas I guess you could say. However, being made to wait for hours for a barely existent support system to respond to a complaint (a valid one about billing, not some petty excuse) seems a bit shortsighted. I'm not saying this just to complain. I honestly want the industry to improve, and I believe lots of these people who are running these things seem to be thinking very small... and could be losing big customers because they are so stingy with basic "comforts". Again, I'm not trying to disparage NCSoft... I just want to point out something that they may have already considered... and if so, then why don't they provide better customer service? Is it due to budget constraints? Do the numbers really weigh in favor of cheaper customer service (google: ZenDesk) over customer loyalty?

I say this as I wait past 3 hours on a promised 2 hour time window for a support ticket to an issue that didn't just affect me but many others as well. I understand things can be difficult and time consuming and... delayed... so then why no update? A simple email to assuage any fears that this will be lost in the support abyss would put minds at ease... If this is a sign of things to come, you can count people like me to be less inclined towards future purchases.

In any case... I do wonder if I'm mistaken... If so, please do tell

EDIT: I did receive a response from the most gracious Mr. Locke but I do wish the support system itself would have a way of either 1. giving longer estimates that won't make the customer freak out or 2. sending updates once in a while if the time frame is not met. Online support has a ways to go to catch up to physical retail stores... expectations should be the same imo!

Archived