Framerate issues

Setzaroth

Is anyone else having problems with FR drops? My video card is WAY stronger than the recomended reqs for this game and has no problem running recent games. This game shouldn't even phase it, yet when I do anything combat related, I drop to single digit frames. 

What's going on? After 4+ years is this game seriously not optimized yet?

Also, a side question that doesn't really warrant it's own thread, how do you change your avatar on here? 

When I first logged in it was perfectly fine, but I accidently quit and tried getting back in only to get about 1-5fps just for character creation. I'm not a tech expert but I would say it's just because so many people are on it at once and it becomes overloaded. Could be something else entirely though.

43 minutes ago, BadgerB said:

When I first logged in it was perfectly fine, but I accidently quit and tried getting back in only to get about 1-5fps just for character creation. I'm not a tech expert but I would say it's just because so many people are on it at once and it becomes overloaded. Could be something else entirely though.

I know it's not my machine. At first I thought it might be my connection, but FPS doesn't have anything to do with connection usually.

I wouldn't have brought it up because as you said, there are a lot of people on at once, but I found a thread here dating back to Oct having a similar problem, which bothered me a little, and leads me to believe it's taking the devs an absurd amount of time to fix it. (if they are even working on this specific issue)

6 minutes ago, Setzaroth said:

I know it's not my machine. At first I thought it might be my connection, but FPS doesn't have anything to do with connection usually.

Some games the ping actually does affect the FPS (this is present in Starcraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm, however thats related to the engine). What kind of specs do you have for your computer? Have you tried adjusting the settings at all?

Yeah I have FPS issues too, it's probably down to no TRUE Fullscreen, and Alt+Enter being and absolutely terrible work around. Game is alos optimized very very poorly which, as OP says is one of the most disappointing things possible after not even adding an Exclusive Fullscreen mode.

Setup:

i7 4770k 4.3GHz

EVGA GTX 980 AIO Cooler 4GB

16GB RAM

Samsung Evo PRO 256 GB SSD 

FPS in B&S "Fullscreen" (FS Windowed) = 40fps.

FPS in Alt+Enter "Ghetto Exclusive FS" = 40 to 50 fps / If I Alt Tab in this Ghetto FS mode when I Tab back in I have 20 fps for about 5 mins.

All in all, really disappointing from an optimization and technical view point although the game is pretty cool.

11 minutes ago, Nolia said:

It is just badly optimized:

Specs:

Dual Xeons 3.2ghz

Titan X

128gb Ram

and getting only 80fps average but sometime drops to 30fps.

wow that looks like a workstation pc. 128 GB and 2 Xeon CPUS? are you an cad-engineer?

IF you guys are using Nvidia, I have bad news for you. If you are using XFX, I also have bad news for you.

I won't spout anything cuz Nvidia fanboys will come and bash me. But no, it is not about the game is not optimized. People tend to redirect their blame on something else.

I´ve got steady 60 FPS on:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k (overclocked to 4.3 Ghz)

Ram: 12 GB DDR3-1333 Mhz, CL 11

GPU: nVidia GTX 660 TI (slightly overclocked)

Ingame settings: Max settings, | AA x 4 | 1080p resolution. | V-sync off.

Even crowdier areas are 60 FPS steady.

Archived