Forums

FPS Issues on high end pc

Bobonuke

Just now, Hobbez said:

Probably an issue with your graphics card.  Might be faulty or need to update drivers

Do you mind guiding me how to update it? Last time I tried to update it my monitor just went black. But I do know it needs to be updated. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I'm getting it from the AMD website and such, but it's just being weird. Not a hardware issue either.

31 minutes ago, CT said:

$1600 USD? What is your new rig Graphic Cards? AMD Radeon Series? What is the exact model? Most games rely mainly on GPU for good FPS. Mine is fixed @ 60FPS max.

I agree.. I am running with a Geforce GTX 980 and I can go as high as 120fps if i set it to that max without issue.  I used to have an AMD HD6950 back in the day and I always had FPS issues and lag.  Perhaps it isnt really the issue of updating the driver at all in this case.  But to answer your question, I am no computer expert, but what I normally do to update drivers is go to settings > device manager > and go to your graphics card and search for updates and normally that works out.  It is a much easier process than going to their actual website to update your drivers.

Just now, Hobbez said:

I agree.. I am running with a Geforce GTX 980 and I can go as high as 120fps if i set it to that max without issue.  I used to have an AMD HD6950 back in the day and I always had FPS issues and lag.  Perhaps it isnt really the issue of updating the driver at all in this case.  But to answer your question, I am no computer expert, but what I normally do to update drivers is go to settings > device manager > and go to your graphics card and search for updates and normally that works out.  It is a much easier process than going to their actual website to update your drivers.

Yeah, I am running the same GPU as you but I set the game setting to limit to 60 FPS (and I guess I might hit 120 fps like you if I remove the restriction). Not really a computer expert as well but definitely the GPU plays a major role. My previous laptop running GeForce 750m can usually only handle up to 30 fps. 

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz    35 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-10-9-26)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-DS3H (SOCKET 0)    28 °C

Graphics

2269W (1920x1080@60Hz)

4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group)    37 °C

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA)    24 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

This is the entire list of specs. The game runs poorly regardless of the settings. The fps remains the same.

R9 390 here, works perfectly well. As said above, update your drivers by getting the last catalyst from radeon (I know, I hate it too), and make sure your GPU is actually getting any load. If your screen goes black from it, something's wrong with your configuration.

(And I'm sorry to sound condescending, but just for hilarity's sake, make sure your monitor is plugged in, well, into your GPU)

(Another silly thing to check: your frame limiter in game settings. Just make sure)

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

R9 390 here, works perfectly well. As said above, update your drivers by getting the last catalyst from radeon (I know, I hate it too), and make sure your GPU is actually getting any load. If your screen goes black from it, something's wrong with your configuration.

(And I'm sorry to sound condescending, but just for hilarity's sake, make sure your monitor is plugged in, well, into your GPU)

(Another silly thing to check: your frame limiter in game settings. Just make sure)

You don't sound condescending at all! I'm sure I can slowly figure it out. I never though of my configuration being off, but what exactly do you mean by that?

Conflicting drivers, software, hardware, settings in your GPU control panel/RadeonPRO (if you use it) etc. Make sure your GPU is actually loaded (if your card manufacturer is MSI, you can use their Afterburner software). Make a clean video driver install (fully uninstall & reinstall again) - sometimes when you switch a videocard the old drivers don't get removed, and you end up still using them.

Another thing you might be wary of is overheating/ventilation. Make sure your GPU/CPU are staying cool even on 100% load, lest they start damping themselves. I once noticed a weird FPS drop and then realized my custom soundcard was blocking my  GPU fans which resulted in poor ventilation.

21 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Conflicting drivers, software, hardware, settings in your GPU control panel/RadeonPRO (if you use it) etc. Make sure your GPU is actually loaded (if your card manufacturer is MSI, you can use their Afterburner software). Make a clean video driver install (fully uninstall & reinstall again) - sometimes when you switch a videocard the old drivers don't get removed, and you end up still using them.

Another thing you might be wary of is overheating/ventilation. Make sure your GPU/CPU are staying cool even on 100% load, lest they start damping themselves. I once noticed a weird FPS drop and then realized my custom soundcard was blocking my  GPU fans which resulted in poor ventilation.

I'm hoping it's just software. Everything was compatible so I believe it just may be damaged. I don't really get it though because it runs other games better than this pratically perfectly.

1 minute ago, Bobonuke said:

I'm hoping it's just software. Everything was compatible so I believe it just may be damaged. I don't really get it though because it runs other games better than this pratically perfectly.

Make sure it's properly loaded in game, then - check the load graph.

On 1/17/2016 at 1:26 AM, CT said:

$1600 USD? What is your new rig Graphic Cards? AMD Radeon Series? What is the exact model? Most games rely mainly on GPU for good FPS. Mine is fixed @ 60FPS max.

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz    35 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-10-9-26)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-DS3H (SOCKET 0)    28 °C

Graphics

2269W (1920x1080@60Hz)

4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group)    37 °C

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA)    24 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

I personally use MSI Afterburner to check my load graph on MSI card - not sure if you could do that as well. You might try it though, though I suggest not to bloat your PC with too much software like that.

I cannot thank you enough. I used MSI Afterburner to overclock it a little bit, and it gave it the shock it needed. Everything runs smoothly. Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy I am to see it running this well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived