Not able to play the game in English language

AppleSeedSWE

As the title says, I can't play the game if I set it in English language. In German language it loads and plays just fine :(  

Error message:  

> Runtime Error!  
> Program: D:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin64\Client.exe  
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.  

I had to format my machine and had to download B&S again (before today I had no issues with the same exact setup):  

> Windows 10 64 bit on SSD  
> B&S on hard drive  

I tried to find similar issues on google and bing but nothing helped.  

To make sure that I didn't make things even worse I formatted the machine again and downloaded B&S again, this time without installing any other apps or games before installing B&S first. Of course I tried the 32-bit option in the launcher too.  

Installer did its thing, latest updates and all that and yes, same problem again. Any ideas?

Try to install DX9 Runtime from Microsoft first

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Right click on the BnS setup program and run it as administrator. Install BnS to C:\BnS or D:\BnS. Do not install it to "c:\program files" or "c:\program files (x86)" (aka c:\programme, c:\programme (x86)"). Start the BnS launcher as administrator.

2 hours ago, Cohen said:

Try to install DX9 Runtime from Microsoft first

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Right click on the BnS setup program and run it as administrator. Install BnS to C:\BnS or D:\BnS. Do not install it to "c:\program files" or "c:\program files (x86)" (aka c:\programme, c:\programme (x86)"). Start the BnS launcher as administrator.

Before re-formatting the last time I already did everything you mention except the install on a "default" C:\BnS folder. I will give this a shot now. I will let you know whats up :) Thank you for your time and effort!

UPDATE: Unfortunately installing the game in the D:\BnS didn't do anything. Same issue. Game doesn't run with English language enabled but runs just fine with the German one. Go figure.

If English language is selected but the game fails to start the english voice files might be missing. Have they been downloaded after you switched language?

If not... some more ideas ;-)

• Disable any 3rd party virus scanner or security suite, disable any 3rd party software firewall on your pc (Window's own firewall should be OK).
  • Right click on BnS desktop icon, poperties, set "run as administrator", start the launcher, set language to German, close launcher, start it again, set language to English, check if voice files are downloaded, if not, repair files.
  • Have a look at Window's protocols. There might be some warnings or errors that point to the cause of the problem.
  • Check BnS gameguard protocols.

Archived