Will my character be deleted if my computer is wiped out?

Hello, 

this is an urgent question. My computer is going in for maintenance and the issue is the circuit bored. Before sending it in, they warn me that any lose of data is not their responsibility and to back it all up.. Is there a way i can 'back up' my character in the event that my data gets lost? 

i really dont wanna lose him. 

Hey there,

You don't need to worry about your character being deleted if your computer needs to go in for maintenance ^_^ All information in an MMORPG like blade and soul is stored server side- meaning your character's data, inventory, clothing, and everything about your account is stored on NCSOFT's servers, NOT on your computer, even though you have to download the game in order for you to access that data. It is quite unlike single person games where the data would be stored on your HDD ^_^

The only thing I would suggest, is if you have take any screen shots, or created character pre-sets, that you should back up these folders because this information IS Stored on your computer. To find them, go to Computer>Pictures>BnS Within, you will find all of your screen shots, along with the 'Character Customize' sub-directory containing your pre sets.

Hope this helped!

Archived