Guide - Fix Updating Error (e02018)

Hey guys I just wanted to write a quick guide on how I (3-4 months down the road) solved my issue with downloading updates / game client. First ill start with some clarification on exactly what problem I was having. The launcher upon clicking update would stall on compiling a list of updates most of the time. Then upon starting the download it would start at an insanely high speed and eventually drop to 0 kbps. Upon which it would give me an error and I would have to restart laucher (rinse and repeat a handful of times). If you, like myself, are having this issue there is a quick and easy work around to get a stable download so you can walk away and just let it do its thing.

1.The first thing you will need to do is completely close out of the launcher. Dont be fooled, simply closing it with the "x" doesnt actually close it. At this point you will need to ctrl + alt + dlt, expand processes, and look for NClauncher module. End this process.

2. The second step is to download a freeware vpn (I personally use "Hotspot Shield" due to the fact that its very easy to turn off and on with little to no setup. Ontop of that you do not need to signup for it). I would post the link but im assuming that is against the EULA. I personally went into the vpns settings as well to prevent it from launching on start up as I would only use it for this purpose.

3.Third step is to simply turn it on. The vpn i referred is free and not so good so you will notice decreased speeds, but for me at least they are stable and completely remove the 0 kbps and error. If it makes you more comfortable you can activate it after entering your personal login info.

4.Last but not least reopen the launcher and start the update. once the update / client install is finished be sure to completely turn off and close out of your freeware vpn via taskbar at the bottom right of your screen. As i said you may experience a speed decrease which you most certainly do not want while ingame and may negatively impact your ms.

I wish I could explain why this worked for me but unfortunately Im a little unclear. The error could be due to routing / congestion but im not sure. Cheers and I hope this helps. Nothing is worse than patching all day for data that under normal circumstances would have taken 10 minutes. 

Archived