Razer Chroma Hijacking

When the game first launched in January there was a conflict with chroma lighting, I made a change to the ClientConfiguration.xml as per support's instructions to change the "use chroma keyboard" setting from y to n. This solved the problem, fast forward to Nov a friend of mine came over to play a different game and logged onto his BNS account to check his auctions. To our surprise the chroma hijacking effect was not only enabled but working perfectly. He played for a while with the lighting effects without crashing so assuming the problem was resolved I logged onto my account but the lighting effects were disabled. I changed the xml setting back to y but the effect stops right after I select a character. After checking the xml again the setting was set back to n. My question is how can I keep the xml from disabling the lighting effect on my account?

tl;dr. There is a line in the ClientConfiguration.xml
<option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='n'/>
When I change n to y the change reverts on character select, how can I solve this problem?
I have contacted BNS support and razer both told me to contact the other. 

The chroma lighting takes effect right after the game launches, while I enter my pin but as soon as I select a character the effect ends. Doesn't matter which character I choose and I even tried making a new character. As soon as I hit the first load screen to get into game the lighting effect ends and goes back to my keyboard default lighting. 

Archived