GG statement that made me laugh...

Shiimba

I noticed a pinned post by the devs about sending GameGuard error info to them.. well here is a quote from the original post (locked of course):

We have received many reports from players about GameGuard conflicts from the Unchained update. GameGuard is one of the tools we employ to combat malicious activities in game. Getting rid of hackers and botters is a top priority of ours and GameGuard greatly helps with such malicious behavior.

Like GameGuard does jack shit nor that they care about hackers or botters XD

Anyone else find this kinda a hilarious statement?

Yes, GameGuard is not only completely useless, it is actually worse than doing nothing because it only affects legit players. NCSoft is lying through their teeth with that statement. There are speedhackers in SSP that haven't been banned for well over a month; as far back as April 6th. I report a speedhacker, they say "under investigation already" I report again a few weeks later, they say "we will investigate". As if they weren't already investigating? NCSoft is either in bed with them, or they are afraid of being DDOSed or something if they ban them. GameGuard is what companies use to make ignorant players THINK they are doing something. No company that truly cares about ridding their game of hackers/botters will use GameGuard. Putting GameGuard in your game is tantamount to saying "We're not going to do a SINGLE thing to combat hackers/botters."

Archived