Question for Staff

KENPACHl

Myself and many other EU players are wondering why the EU Game servers are hosted in Austin Texas? Surely in a game which is so heavily reliant on ping in PVP and PVE it would make sense to have the EU servers somewhere in the EU?

This means EU players having to pay for WTFast to even get a decent enough ping to compete, i mean even personally my usual ping on alot of games is usually 20 or below but because we are connecting to texas for BladeAndSoul it is 250.

Is there any plans to actually move any servers to the EU in future? As it stands there is no difference between EU and NA so NA players might aswell play EU servers for better priced soulstones/less bots and Visa Versa for higher population.

• Moderators

Hello KENPACHI,

Our Europeans Servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany. You may see that some of our IPs addresses are registered in Austin, Texas, but physically no Blade & Soul game server is located there (North American Servers are located in Dallas). However, NCSOFT has an office in Austin, TX, and some of the IPs we use are registered there.

The location data you may find about an IP address online might not always be accurate (and that's the case for our IPs). This has been causing lot of confusion among our European players sadly :(

So Europeans Servers are indeed physically located in Europe. We use the same Datacenter for all of our games, such as WildStar or Guild Wars 2. If you find yourself having an abnormally high latency when connecting to our servers, I would advise you to contact the Blade & Soul support team so they can try and assist you.

Thanks again.

Archived