Update takes ages

Viitori

Hey there!

So, I literally just downloaded Blade and Soul, and the Launcher wants me to update. I tried it 20 minutes ago - after five minutes, not even a single percent has been downloaded. I tried it a few times more, but it never worked. Now I restarted my computer and it's... somewhat faster (got 6% now, after about 10 minutes), but still really slow, despite my internet being rather fast today. Is that normal/do other people have the same problems, or is it just my internet acting up?

Thanks in advance, and I hope this is the right forum for this question haha

have you disabled any antivirus you are running ? or at least allowed Blade and Soul permission past the firewall, also make sure it is run has Administrator, these things can make a big difference, also for first Download, 'some' anti virus's can flag some parts of the install files and not download them, even though the installer says it is complete there could be some files missing.

Yup, as far as I know I have. And I did let it run on Admin, at least I think so. By now its on 42%, having slowed down a LOT more again, but still, it's weird that it's taking this long.

Thanks, by the way!

10 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

Its weekend and probably peak time, their servers are far from the best in the world, so as long as it is updating then hang it will get there in the end, there have been quite a few updates since initial launch.

2,3 Gb of updates since initial launch. xD downloading at 100Kb/s in the best scenario. :'(

Archived