Suggestion: RE: Bots in Arena

Kyris

Bots are a pretty common thing to see in the pvp arena at 1300-1700 rating, they are mostly destroyers and, although they are easy to defeat, it just gets really annoying fighting them all the time

I often play at 3am and almost every match I get is with a bot... it's good for finishing the pvp quest quickly, but it's no fun fighting dumb bots all the time

My Suggestions:
Add a [Suspected Bot] button to the UI. If you think a player is a bot, then you click on the button to lodge a complaint (much like the 'block spammer' thingy they recently added.

1 report = nothing happens

20 reports within 24 hours = bot is reported to a GM so they can verify that it's a bot and ban the account

Alternative Suggestion:

Every 10 matches, you must enter your security login PIN number (with the number locations randomized) before you can join another PVP match, AND it MUST check with the server that the PIN is correct. If it's not correct, or you don't enter PIN = blocked from joining pvp for 1 minute, then you can try again. If you enter PIN incorrect 3 times in a row = blocked from PVP for 1 hour

Why not have the alternative solution slightly altered for PvE?

I'm trying to get the Profane Shroud right now, and I see like 30 bots just surrounding the field boss. Why not have it so if the bot gets reported 20 times, like your first suggestion, they have to fill out the PIN? It won't solve the bot problem outright, but it will make it a bit more of a hassle for bots to play.

Archived