Huuuuuge problem with fps

Starting with my spec : - asus sabertooth 990 fx - AMD fx 8120 - R9 280x - 8gb corsair vengeance and other ... So with maxed setting i run in a busy city at like 25/30 in solo dungeon and arena is over 90 even in dungeon 6 man in boss fights especially when the bar with the countdown on when to use the iframe or defensive skill the fps drops so bad . I recently found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKta4tSp6g that graphics card was my old one and didn't give 55/60 fps at max settings to be also i know of people running the game smoother with a lower setup than me .

Need serious help on how can i do to improve my fps in fights

Check your cpu heat. I myself had a similar problem with framedrops in fights from 60+ down to 8 for "no reason" with an FX 6100 on MSI board, 8 GB ram and a GeForce GTX 660ti.

My issue was the bios messing up the powerdistribution. The cpu went down to 1400Mhz from original 3300Mhz cause of false overheating signals (regular 40° suddenly up to 200° for a few seconds, then down to 40° again). I never upgraded the mainboard bios since i bought it, but after i did the game ran smooth on MAX settings with drops to about 14 on really crowded places.

I checked the cpu heat again, still got that peaks to 200° but mutch later then before the bios upgrade. I replaced the termalpaste on the cpu and the heat now stays at 39°, all good.

EDIT: The usual "check if your drivers are up to date" :p

the performance issues in this game i due to horrible coding that need to be fixed. your personal experience with this game is kinda a crapshoot. your lucky or your not. 

your not gonna get any real help on these forums though or from NCSoft support. your gonna get answers from uneducated people with money to waste running builds that nothing out can actually utilize and will most likely be replaced by the time it does actually become useful to build like that. the answers will generally be upgrade scrub. 

my honest opinion is count your loses and find something that actually runs properly to play, or deal with it until it becomes unbearable or they fix it.    

Archived